What are you working on NOW!!?

silverw

Mar 15, 2004
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
members.shaw.ca
I was going to paint my deck, but then I thought that I had better "repair" a few places!! Of course , under one rotten board, I founf=d two more!! I'm down to the footings now, so I guess we get a WHOLE NEW DECK!!!

smallnodeckep5.jpg

Maybe I'll build a model of what I want to build!! On the other hand... not much time for MODEL building!!

.... Bill

SCEtoAux

Jul 28, 2004
USA
:rofl: Ain't that the way it always goes? Be careful, you might wind up with a room addition or even a whole new house.:grin:

C

cgutzmer

What are those funy warp things like 5 ridges up from what is ripped off on the wall?
Chris

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
Looks like vinyl siding warped by a BBQ's heat.

ps. 'Dude where's your deck' =p

46rob

Mar 30, 2005
Pensacola Fl
I'm in the process of installing solar collectors on the roof, to heat the pool and extend the swimming season a bit.. that, and restoring a Douglas JD-1 Invader, out at the National Museum of Naval Aviation, that suffered damage from hurricanes over the past few years.

Attachments

• JD-1.jpg
    JD-1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 294

cardmodeler

Dec 27, 2005
Tennessee
That looks like great fun! A fellow took me through the restoration shop when I was there a few years ago and I remember thinking that would be the ultimate model builder's job! They were working on a Vindicator, among others, at the time. I would really like to see that one in its completed state.

That is such an amazing museum! If anyone out there has never been to the Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola, make it a point to go there sometime. You won't be disappointed. My wife and daughter make fun of me for taking pictures of landing gear, propellors, engines, etc.:roll: Maybe someday they'll understand...

46rob

Mar 30, 2005
Pensacola Fl
Right now, in the restoration hangar are: an A6M Zero, the JD-1 Invader, CH37C Mohave, XP2V-1 Neptune (the Truculent Turtle), Lockheed Model 10 Electra (think Amelia Earhart), Brewster SB2A Buccanneer & F2A Buffalo, PB2Y Coronado, the control car for a Blimp, and an A4, undergoing the Blue Angel paint treatment, to replace the F11F at the Pensacola Regional Airport.

the SB2U Vindicator, btw--is on display now in the 'between the wars' area and is drop-dead gorgeous.

cardmodeler

Dec 27, 2005
Tennessee
Where did they find a Brewster Buffalo??? That's another one I want to see close up. Also, it seems I had heard that there was a Devastator somewhere, but there was some haggling over who had the rights to it.

mOONwOKA

Apr 27, 2005
Lithuania
moonwoka.netfirms.com
I'm currently working on 1/50 IAF Avia S-199. It's a repainted model of Czech Avia by Marek. I bought it few years ago originally intending to repaint as IAF bird. Only some time later did i realize that Marek has IAF version readily. Anyway, this is my second attempt, as i wasn't happy how the first one turned out. However with this repaint i managed to missalign aircraft number badly (as it stretches over two parts of fuselage). Besides color printer at work decided to play "drum life low" trick on me and as a result, starboard wing has nasty strip of bleached color. Anyway, i intend to finish it before deciding either to put on display or trash it.