what are you making

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by paper warrior, Oct 22, 2006.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Tip for tanks: make the treads first - you might have heard tires on vehicles and landing gear on planes gets boring.... wiat til you make tank treads ;)
    Chris
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Tip for tanks: make the treads first - you might have heard tires on vehicles and landing gear on planes gets boring.... wiat til you make tank treads ;)
    Chris
  3. speedless

speedless Member

Hi
    I would like to build every thing possible,but i dont have the time.
    Jan
  4. speedless

speedless Member

Hi
    I would like to build every thing possible,but i dont have the time.
    Jan
  5. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

well I WAS working on the Yamaha YZF-R1 but since I have found the paper weight to be horribly off, I am moving to the next model and tossing this one.

Next one is Airwolf.
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

well I WAS working on the Yamaha YZF-R1 but since I have found the paper weight to be horribly off, I am moving to the next model and tossing this one.

Next one is Airwolf.
  7. FlyGuy

FlyGuy New Member

Still needing to finish my re-colored C172 from the Slovenian(?) site... NOT looking forward to doing the gear/wheels...

What's next? Hopefully Gearz' Galactica! ;)
    If not, then probably Jaybats' Viper... Who knows! Too many interests, not enough time!

...That Airwolf sure looks tempting!
  8. FlyGuy

FlyGuy New Member

Still needing to finish my re-colored C172 from the Slovenian(?) site... NOT looking forward to doing the gear/wheels...

What's next? Hopefully Gearz' Galactica! ;)
    If not, then probably Jaybats' Viper... Who knows! Too many interests, not enough time!

...That Airwolf sure looks tempting!
  9. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

I build them all in my head, magnificent they all are, too. No glue smudges, no wrinkles, no white edges, just perfect.

Then I wake up.

I start quite a few, but then real life gets in the way and my butterflyitis flares up again, and I'm off on a different tangent. What I REALLY need is a win on the lottery, so I can stay at home instead of being a wage slave. But then, I'd be off learning to fly, motorcycle racing, restoring WWII tanks, and I'd STILL not finish anything.

Pathetic, isn't it.......

Tim P (wunwinglow)
  10. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

I build them all in my head, magnificent they all are, too. No glue smudges, no wrinkles, no white edges, just perfect.

Then I wake up.

I start quite a few, but then real life gets in the way and my butterflyitis flares up again, and I'm off on a different tangent. What I REALLY need is a win on the lottery, so I can stay at home instead of being a wage slave. But then, I'd be off learning to fly, motorcycle racing, restoring WWII tanks, and I'd STILL not finish anything.

Pathetic, isn't it.......

Tim P (wunwinglow)
  11. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I build amphibious aircraft (ekranoplans) and boats. Internationally ekranoplans are classified as marine craft, so I count as exclusively water.
    Whoops, I have a partly finished zoomorphic robot. But it resembles a crab. Guess that still counts as water.

--Lizzie
  12. lizzienewell

lizzienewell Member

I build amphibious aircraft (ekranoplans) and boats. Internationally ekranoplans are classified as marine craft, so I count as exclusively water.
    Whoops, I have a partly finished zoomorphic robot. But it resembles a crab. Guess that still counts as water.

--Lizzie
  13. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

just started em on Y's RSO model, thanks for the tip.
  14. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

just started em on Y's RSO model, thanks for the tip.
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Y's RSO model? Whats that?
    Chris
  16. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Y's RSO model? Whats that?
    Chris
  17. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Stev0, I was thinking on starting that someday before the year ends. Any advices?
  18. blueeyedbear

blueeyedbear Member

I am currently struggling with the FG Curtiss P-40 (in Flying Tiger colors, of course). That was my favorite plane when I was a kid in WW II and is still one of my top three all time favorites!

I think the last time I dropped it in the trash dumpster was the 4th or 5th try on the fuselage and it still wouldn't fit to the wings. The 1/72 Hasegawa plastic one was a hell of a lot easier to build, even if I did have to paint it!:mad:

Anyone have any specific tips on this model?

Bob
  19. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

20. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I'm having the same problem with the FG P-40. Even the example photos on the FG page look pretty bad. I think they should have added a full fairing for the wings. I'm going to sacrifice another printout of the fuselage and try to cut out a fairing to replace the one that is part of the fuselage. It's really a shame, because I think the design of the fuselage was pretty good, but they tried to scrimp on the design and include the fairing as part of the fuselage. I did a good job assembling both the fuselage and the wings, but was tearing my hair out trying to get them to mate up. :mad: