what are you making

C

cgutzmer

Tip for tanks: make the treads first - you might have heard tires on vehicles and landing gear on planes gets boring.... wiat til you make tank treads ;)
Chris

C

cgutzmer

Tip for tanks: make the treads first - you might have heard tires on vehicles and landing gear on planes gets boring.... wiat til you make tank treads ;)
Chris

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
well I WAS working on the Yamaha YZF-R1 but since I have found the paper weight to be horribly off, I am moving to the next model and tossing this one.

Next one is Airwolf.

Stev0

Jan 30, 2006
well I WAS working on the Yamaha YZF-R1 but since I have found the paper weight to be horribly off, I am moving to the next model and tossing this one.

Next one is Airwolf.

FlyGuy

Sep 26, 2006
Portland, Or. USA
Still needing to finish my re-colored C172 from the Slovenian(?) site... NOT looking forward to doing the gear/wheels...

What's next? Hopefully Gearz' Galactica! ;)
If not, then probably Jaybats' Viper... Who knows! Too many interests, not enough time!

...That Airwolf sure looks tempting!

FlyGuy

Sep 26, 2006
Portland, Or. USA
Still needing to finish my re-colored C172 from the Slovenian(?) site... NOT looking forward to doing the gear/wheels...

What's next? Hopefully Gearz' Galactica! ;)
If not, then probably Jaybats' Viper... Who knows! Too many interests, not enough time!

...That Airwolf sure looks tempting!

wunwinglow

Jan 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
www.kipperboxes.co.uk
I build them all in my head, magnificent they all are, too. No glue smudges, no wrinkles, no white edges, just perfect.

Then I wake up.

I start quite a few, but then real life gets in the way and my butterflyitis flares up again, and I'm off on a different tangent. What I REALLY need is a win on the lottery, so I can stay at home instead of being a wage slave. But then, I'd be off learning to fly, motorcycle racing, restoring WWII tanks, and I'd STILL not finish anything.

Pathetic, isn't it.......

Tim P (wunwinglow)

wunwinglow

Jan 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
www.kipperboxes.co.uk
I build them all in my head, magnificent they all are, too. No glue smudges, no wrinkles, no white edges, just perfect.

Then I wake up.

I start quite a few, but then real life gets in the way and my butterflyitis flares up again, and I'm off on a different tangent. What I REALLY need is a win on the lottery, so I can stay at home instead of being a wage slave. But then, I'd be off learning to fly, motorcycle racing, restoring WWII tanks, and I'd STILL not finish anything.

Pathetic, isn't it.......

Tim P (wunwinglow)

lizzienewell

Jun 24, 2005
Anchorage, Alaska
lizzienewell.com
I build amphibious aircraft (ekranoplans) and boats. Internationally ekranoplans are classified as marine craft, so I count as exclusively water.
Whoops, I have a partly finished zoomorphic robot. But it resembles a crab. Guess that still counts as water.

--Lizzie

lizzienewell

Jun 24, 2005
Anchorage, Alaska
lizzienewell.com
I build amphibious aircraft (ekranoplans) and boats. Internationally ekranoplans are classified as marine craft, so I count as exclusively water.
Whoops, I have a partly finished zoomorphic robot. But it resembles a crab. Guess that still counts as water.

--Lizzie

blueeyedbear

Jan 25, 2006
I am currently struggling with the FG Curtiss P-40 (in Flying Tiger colors, of course). That was my favorite plane when I was a kid in WW II and is still one of my top three all time favorites!

I think the last time I dropped it in the trash dumpster was the 4th or 5th try on the fuselage and it still wouldn't fit to the wings. The 1/72 Hasegawa plastic one was a hell of a lot easier to build, even if I did have to paint it!:mad:

Anyone have any specific tips on this model?

Bob

BARX2

I'm having the same problem with the FG P-40. Even the example photos on the FG page look pretty bad. I think they should have added a full fairing for the wings. I'm going to sacrifice another printout of the fuselage and try to cut out a fairing to replace the one that is part of the fuselage. It's really a shame, because I think the design of the fuselage was pretty good, but they tried to scrimp on the design and include the fairing as part of the fuselage. I did a good job assembling both the fuselage and the wings, but was tearing my hair out trying to get them to mate up. :mad: