What are you asking Santa for?

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
So what are you asking Santa for this year?

Tops on my list is the HO Scale E-R Model Baldwin Sharknose in Baldwin Demonstrator colors and either PRR or B&O.

Next is anything in Lehigh & New England for HO. I don’t care if I already have it. I will renumber it.

Building kits of town buildings such as Walthers Merchant Row.

My son also wants trains. He is getting a couple of locomotives for his Thomas wooden railway along with a new passenger station. We also got him the K-Line C&O Yardmaster set. He handled the O-Scale stuff around the tree well last year so we figure its time. I still have the piece of plywood and horses that my father used for my first Lionel set when I was three. After Christmas I’ll set it up for him in the attic.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
I already got one of them, the On30 shay !. Another is the Bachmann Spectrum heavy mountain (C&O style) with 16,000 gallon Vanderbilt tender.
The thing I really want, is a ranch style house, with a two car garage and an attached outbuilding with the same floor area as the house. Plenty of room for a layout, and NO STAIRS!!!!!!!!
Pete

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
HO scale SD-60M or SD80, both undecorated. To be painted in New Haven colors if I get them. A set of those Auto-Maxes or even those Athern Bombadier Bi-level Passenger cars(New Haven Patriot theme?) and a spray booth.
Think I'll get it all?

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Tom,

Well Santa has already been a little early for me, I just got hold of a new printer, Epson C82 with a dpi of 5760. Prints are out of this world using the top range printout, but I doubt if I shall ever go higher than 1440.
Shamus

wink.gif

Vic

I'm just hoping that THE BOX doesn't turn up under my Christmas tree... unless its filled with Errol's embalming fluid!!!:D

Modern New Haven

Hey eightyeight fan1, I'd like to hear about your "modern" New Haven Railroad. I'm a New Haven fan from way back, but I'm going to model (mostly) the late fifties era. Since I'm freelancing, I expect to take a few liberties and have some modern stuff; but it sounds like you're really bringing the old line up to date.

And yes, guys, I'm still here. Don't go in the hospital for a few more days yet. Thanks for your good wishes and thanks to Bob Collins for making the post. I'll check back in when I can.

davidstrains

scratchbuilding supplies, wood, styrene, windows, doors, etc. Of course the wife will say that the 3 atlas GP 7's and 4 Bachmann 2-8-0s were all for Christmans and not birthday:( :( :( RATS:D :D :D

Xaniel

I asked for a USRA 282 Mikado from kato, and a SD40 also from Kato... A new car, perhaps a Ford Fiesta (do you, americans, also have this car for sale, or it's just for europeans?)... and most important to be with the electronic company of the "Gaugers" next year...

Merry Christmas.

cpr_paul

I picked up a re-released Kato SD40 on the weekend as a sort of early Christmas present to myself. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I don't usually ask for train stuff for Christmas - too difficult for most of my family to find the right stuff.

rockislandmike

So how do you guys go about telling your sig others et al what to buy you ??? For my b-day I gave my wife a list of items from the Walthers website (including their order #'s), made it pretty easy.

But that was **TOO** easy for her. I think she'd buy me some train stuff if I just gave her some "guidelines", but I'm not sure how that would work (i.e., Missouri Pacific covered hoppers).

How do you guys do it ????

Originally posted by rockislandmike
So how do you guys go about telling your sig others et al what to buy you ??? For my b-day I gave my wife a list of items from the Walthers website (including their order #'s), made it pretty easy.

But that was **TOO** easy for her. I think she'd buy me some train stuff if I just gave her some "guidelines", but I'm not sure how that would work (i.e., Missouri Pacific covered hoppers).

How do you guys do it ????

Mike, one of my sisters-in-law usually winds up with my name in the family Christmas drawing. (My wife comes from a very large family, so we draw names). She is very accommodating about getting me railroad stuff, so I just give her a "pick 'n choose" type of list that has specific items named with their exact catalog numbers, price, and the 800 phone number and web site address. She just picks various things from the list until the total reaches the dollar limit for the gift exchange. She's happy, and I'm happy. :)

I love it when Paula gets my name:p :D :D :D

OK, back to the original topic. Other than a new table saw, I didn't put anything major on my list this year. I do have MDC's 10-wheeler kit and Keystone's Barnhart loader and cars, but that's about it for "expensive" stuff. Everything else is just little items - odds and ends - for my layout or modeling projects.

I have had Sierra West's new kit on order since Labor Day. If Brett ships it before Christmas, I'll give it to myself as a nice gift. :cool: :rolleyes: :D :D

absnut

Mike, I remember the days of my childhood when the Sears "wishbook" used to come. I'd boldly circle all the things I thought should be brought to Santa's attention... not to mention my parents and older sibling. So,

after having scouted a newer digital camera out, I made sure "Santa" saw me looking at it in the store and left a computer printout with the specs laying around the house. And, finally, when that inevitable question came, "Would you like a new camera for Christmas?", I was more than ready with a heart rending, "Oh, yes, would I....."

It's a nice one, too...... Santa even brought it early so I could take Christmas picures. :)

Dick

SLOW

Re:

I am getting the two N Scale engines I wanted. (See other post by SLOW) The one my wife fell in love with was a Bachman Steam Engine ITEM NO: 11752 "n" 4-4-0 American Locomotive (Chicago Burlinton & Quincy.) The other is a Bachman Spectrum steam locomotive. The Master Rialroader Series. She also bought me a model Saw Mill. It will look great next to my stream and pond. I hope Santa brings you all that you desire.

Michael