what actual ratio is this model?

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by davido, Mar 7, 2005.

1. davido

davido Member

thinking of picking up a bachmann blue comet set (used) at the lhs. i am die hard n scale i don't know why i am doing this other than the pretty blue color:oops: .
    this large scale stuff gets me confused, is the bachmann G 1:20.3 or 1:32 as some have told me?

thanks

david
  2. jetrock

jetrock Member

Not familiar with the set in question (it isn't on the Bachmann site) so it's kind of hard to tell--items built for #1 gauge track can be anywhere from 1:20.3 to 1:32 depending on the gauge of the model being represented--and there is a shocking lack of standardization in large-scale stuff, even among items that are supposedly the same scale.
  3. SteamerFan

SteamerFan Member

G scale is so broadly unstandarized, you'll probably ahve better luck asking on a large scale only forum. might tyry asking on the Trains.com forums for their garden scale, that might get you more data on the subject.
  4. Philinbos

Philinbos Member

All of the Bachman G scale sets I have seen ( I have 4)are 1:20 -As far I know the only one who manufactures 1:32 is MTH.
  5. davido

davido Member

thanks everyone, looks like i own a g scale railroad.
    david
  6. Danny

Danny Member

Davido, all Big Hauler sets are to a scale of 1:22.5, only the newer Spectrum Series Locomotives are to a scale of 1:20.3. So your set is definately 1:22.5 scale (same as most LGB).
    RTegards, Danny Sheehan in Oz. :wave: