What a ride!

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
FARGO, N.D. - A drunk man who tried to climb over a freight train stopped at a downtown crossing ended up going for a ride when the train took off. The 23-year-old man called 911 from his cell phone early Friday when the train reached the Casselton area west of Fargo because he was cold and wanted off, said Cass County Deputy Sheriff Shawn Getz.

Dispatchers called BNSF Railway, which alerted the train conductor.
"A few miles west of Casselton they were able to stop the train and (the man) got off," Getz said.

Authorities said the man did not require any medical treatment, and the railroad did not press charges. The man was taken to a detox center, Getz said.

Makes you think.....

Rick

pooka2hot4u

May 30, 2006
wow, woulda been a long walk back if he didnt have his phone on him. probably would have ended up a couple of states down the road.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Moral of this story- Stay the hell away from train yards when you're drinking! :D

It's a good thing he didn't climb in and pass out. He could have woke up the next morning and been who knows were. LOL....

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
sumpter250 said:
I have a feeling he was a couple of states down the road when he started his journey. :D :D :D

He was definitely three sheets to the wind when he started his journey. And a few bricks shy of a load.:D :D :D

Thank God he didn't fall down and was crushed under the wheels. This could have had a very gruesome ending.

MadModeler

May 20, 2006
Cannonball said:
Moral of this story- Stay the hell away from train yards when you're drinking! :D

It's a good thing he didn't climb in and pass out. He could have woke up the next morning and been who knows were. LOL....

Very good advice there Cannonball!

And that would have served him right.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
An older collegue of mine told me this story of leaving home in central Montana during the depression, on his way to California. The train he was riding cut off a bunch of freight cars on a siding in the mountains of southern Oregon in mid winter. He and a bunch of other hobo's almost froze to death before they could find shelter.