wet water

cpNscale

when mixing water and soap solution for wetting of ballast or ground foam,how much soap to water is added?Also after adding soap do you shake the solution to mix it all togeather or what.

Im just startint to paint and ballast a test track before i do my layout.
Any help would be great.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Just a couple of drops of detergent to a pint of water. I use a spray bottle I got out of my wife's laundry room. And yes, shake it up. The idea is that a bit of detergent will "break" the surface tension of the water and allow it to soak though the balast better.

grumbeast

Honestly I've never had much luck with detergent and "wet" water. I always use 90% Isopropyl alchohol which I find works perfectly and can be found at any pharmacy for next to no money.

Graham

Chris333

I use alchohol as well. I pour it into a spary mister, spray the ballast then hit it with diluted matte medium.

hswn

I use a fifty fifty mix of white glue and water. I aply the white glue and water with a eye dropper and then a drop of rubbing alcohol. Amazing how the white water and glue vanishes.
Brady

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
I use one drop of detergent in my spray bottle filled with water. I wet down the ballast with it then pour on the 50 50 mix of white glue and water. I leave it overnight to cure. Then I can remove the spikes I used to hold the track in place. The ballast then does what it is supposed to do. Hold the track in place.