Status
Not open for further replies.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Bob,
You certainly may be so bold,, it is HO scale. It took me a while to find the other photo, but this one has the nose of the F7, and the scratchbuilt caboose.

Attachments

• ho wp 657 caboose (1).jpg
    ho wp 657 caboose (1).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 113

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Hi Jim;

Yes I got my DCC and no it is not hooked up yet. Fortunately or unfortunately I have some other obligations that I must also honor and I really haven't had time to mess with it yet. I also need to do some rewiring for the loops and that is really what take the time, particularly having to drag this fragile old body underneath the benchwork to finish drilling the holes to string the wiring:D

I'l probably get back to it in a couple of weeks. Thanks for asking. I'm looking forward to getting on with finishing that and getting started on a couple of other things that need to be finished up before I start thinking about scenery.

Bob

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Sumpter, that's a fine looking peice of motive power, looks full of purpose.

I thought the SP "Black Widow" was a beatiful to look at (I have an A+B dummy on display) but that WP colour scheme just has me drooling. Would it look out of place alongside CB&Q or BN or NP? Pardon my ignorance but I have no idea where various roads operated.

You made a superb job of that caboose! How many times did you lose your temper as the lightweight body moved around while you were trying to attach detail? especially the protruding windows. :) :) Top notch nevertheless and I'm sure you're rightly proud of it.

Errol

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Errol,
I actually didn't lose my temper with the caboose, but the snow plow on the front of the FT A,,,,,, well it's the third attempt. It is two formed pieces of brass soldered together. Getting the overall size, and angle correct was nerve wracking, and holding it so it could be soldered!!!!!
That IS a great looking paint scheme!, which is why I modeled it. Otherwise, I normally do Eastern roads, so can't tell you much about the western ones. The FT's were probably gone before everything merged into the BN. I'm sure there's someone out there who will fill in all the details about that merger.
Pete

toptrain1

Jan 2, 2007
New Jersey
Here are my twin set of Western Pacific FA-1's made by HObbyline, Because they were released in 1955 a year when Mr. English released only cabooses with a HObbyline Roadname no WP caboose was offered. HObbyline did have a WP box car in 1957 and it was released only in a KIt you put together and applied the supplied decals.

MY WP box car.

1Box WPRR S.JPG

My WP FA-1's

fIMG_7231.JPG

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You can start "New Threads" on these cars. Make a thread for just your stuff. I'm locking down all old threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.