Western Front WWI

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
A horrid war with millions of diorama possibilities!!

Xavier

Master of Reality Modeling
This is only a test. The diorama is in building process.
About the WWI, is very interesting subject for modeling, despite the most modelers prefer the WWII. For me is quite interesting.

Regards

Xavier

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
WWII is a war that scares me, as the death was so high, and the lines so fuzzy. I guess that is why WWII started, the whole conflict, is still unresolved, in reality.

Gandolf50

Researcher of obscure between war vehicles...
Staff member
This is only a test. The diorama is in building process.
About the WWI, is very interesting subject for modeling, despite the most modelers prefer the WWII. For me is quite interesting.

Regards

Xavier
Same here, as well as pre-WW1. as far as vehicles, aircraft and the like...
Like your Zis-5 by the way, Just one of the models I am "Going to build". During the evening, I made some sketches of a Zis-8 Transport Bus on a Zis-5 Frame, another "Going to Build" but in this case..scratch built!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Fantastic, superb, informative. I like that you are showing more construction technique. I would love to see a complete build thread. It would be so informative. :)

Xavier

Thanks guys. !!
I want to try to make some pictures to made something like a small tutorial. But is not easy, I do not make too much pics during the building process.
Regards
Xavier

Gandolf50

Staff member
I lost count but I also 3rd or 4th would like to see a build thread!! That locomotive is REALLY WELL DONE!

Xavier

Images of the work done yesterday.

IMG_20160729_095938.jpg

IMG_20160729_095950.jpg

IMG_20160729_100005.jpg

I'm gonna try to do a linear post of this diorama. But, this could be a little difficult, because I do not made pictures from the start.

Regards
Xavier

Gandolf50

Staff member
Love it...Really like how the small additions make everything a cohesive whole!!

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, time to start seeing how you're dong this. form follows function, but it's nice to see the function that made the form!! How you going to clean that all up!:noteeth:

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Honestly, this level of quality puts you in a class that is far above anything I will reach. It's Art, it's History, It's Real, it's Fantastic.

I would love it if ou could do a build thread, even on something small. I think many here hunger for such a thread, especially a Master Builder such as yourself. ;)