West Hill RR in its new home

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
I set up the West Hill Railroad in its new home Monday. We got our new digital camera (Olympus D-390) yesterday, so I took a few pics of it during my lunch hour.

Here it is sitting on the file cabinet. The backdrop was painted on the backside of a sheet of floor vinyl (an idea I got from Charlie). The clouds and hills were painted using Gavin Miller's technique (http://www.the-gauge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2906).

Attachments

• filecabinet.jpg
    filecabinet.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 205

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
These deer seem strangely unconcerned about the steam locomotive sitting nearby...

The train appears to lean to one side due to a distortion caused by the camera lens (I shot the scene using the Macro feature). I assure you, I'm not running a roller coaster ride!

Attachments

• deer.jpg
    deer.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 206

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Looks right at home in the office Rory. Your new camera sure takes good pictures. Makes the layout look much larger than it really is.
Good modelling and photography.

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Rory, although your layout is very small, it is an excellent example how you can put many very picturesque scenes in a small space.

Excellent modeling and excellent photographing. And also the background is just great. Congratulations! :) :) :)

Ron

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Thanks for the compliments. It's the simplest trackplan I've made (it's just an oval), but so far it's my favorite layout. I've been enjoying having it here in the office to keep me company. :)

Several folks have taken an interest in it, too. There are a couple of people who like to stop by and examine the details. I promised to add new things now and then to give them something to look at. I want to add a few more trees, but right now I'm tired of making trees!!