Well...I made a decission and finally did it...

Well...I placed my order for the MRC Prodigy Advance from Tony's Train Exchange the other day. :D

Now the question is...when will they be available for shipment? I anxiously await word that my system is "on the way".

Has anyone purchased this new Prodigy Advance system and received it yet? Are you using it? How do you like it? :confused:

I am so anxious to get started in the whole DCC experience and hope that I made a good choice for my maiden voyage. All that I have read about the new system seems to fit what I need now and in the future. I guess the next question will be what to do with my older Athern engines that are not DCC ready. Guess I will sell them on Ebay or something and buy newer engines that are either DCC ready or have the decoders in them already.

Regards,
Bob

Congrats on your purchase and the jump into the wonderful world of DCC, please keep us informed of your prgress and how the new MRC Prodigy Advance works. :)

shaygetz

vanda32547 said:
I guess the next question will be what to do with my older Athern engines that are not DCC ready. Guess I will sell them on Ebay or something and buy newer engines that are either DCC ready or have the decoders in them already.

Regards,
Bob

Athearn engines are among the easiest to retro-fit decoders into and an excellent place to learn how to do it. :thumb: :thumb:

basementdweller

Just to second shaygetz, Athearn are one of the easiest to convert to DCC, digitrax makes a solderless decoder for this that just clips into place, isolate the motor and it is ready to go. Get a copy of the October 2004 Model Railroader it has an article on how to convert these locos.

Check the link to see the decoder, I would think that Tony's has these.
http://www.digitrax.com/prd_mobdec_dh163at.php

Let us know how you like the Advance.