well guy sorry to say this

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well guys i am putting the hobby aside for now. i am going to post all of my n scale stuff on here to sell in the next few days. i would love it to go in one lot. it is all i have left due to i sold my last layout to cover med bills for my son. i have every little time to do much in the hobby right at this time and it is all sitting in boxes. my son is on more meds and three mew med units to help him with his lungs and needed the room for his stuff i hate to sell it all but i know it would go to people here that can use it. just remember the price i would ask for the lot would go to help cover med bills and ofther things he needs it has been a hard choice to do this but right now he comes frist. i will still come here to the gauge to see what every one has done and keep up to date on the hobby. but only time will tell when i would start another layout (i'll post pics of the lot when i get it all together.)

well guys sorry for the news :cry:

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Sorry to hear about having to sell off your stuff, Scooby, but I'm sure everyone here understands that there are more important things in life than the hobby.

Hope everything works out for the best. Keep in touch.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Sorry to hear about your son Scoobyloven. I know this must be very hard on you and your wife, as well as the young lad himself. As tough a decision as this was I am sure you made the right one. After all, models are only things, and things can always be replaced.

I'm not a very religious person, but I will say a prayer for your son. And good luck with the sale.

Val

Scooby , we will miss you and sorry to hear your leaving the hobby but understand the very obvious priorities.
Sorry you are letting go of something you love but will say prayers for your son and to his future improved health.
I have the means to purchase whatever you would like to sell.
Please send me an e-mail and we can discuss it.

Best Wishes,
Mike Fifer
fifer@zianet.com

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Hi Scooby,

Sorry to hear of the circumstances that are forcing you to leave Nscale for now. May I make one small suggestion? (I recognize only you know what is best, this is just my 2 cents)...

Keep a little something for yourself - maybe just a shelf layout, or a diorama. Your son needs a dad at 100%, and if the modelling gives you a little break and helps you refocus and recharge, so much the better for the little one.

Sorry to see you go, especially under these circumstances, but best of luck.

Andrew

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for the ones who has been here as long as me and for the ones who know what my son has thank you for your thoughts ,help and prayers for all that is new and who don't know what my son has we'll i'll fill you in my son has what is called canavan's it is a rare gentic brain dissorder that turns the brain into soup and their in no known cure for it my son is inrolled into a gene trail that may slow it down a little but he will leave us some day due to the dissorder i got into trains when i was a little boy and was going to do the same with him but things change but as for the hobby i love i will never fully leave it just no time to do it now i have a coffie table layout i built to remember my son and named the rail line after him that is all i am keeping out of all i have. if any one would lke to know more about what my son has here is a good web site with info on it .

canavan

and thank you all :thumb:

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Scooby, sorry to see you go! Glad you can keep the coffee table layout. Please come back and let us know how the little boy is doing, OK? As you know, our thoughts and prayors will be with you and your family. We'll be here and ready for you one day when you can return to the hobby. We're always glad to hear from you in the mean time! :wave: bye :wave: Sniff sniff :cry: :cry: :cry: bye :wave:

Keep your chin up!

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Scooby, that will be terrible to see you leave us my friend, but I know things will get better for you in the near future. Have faith.
I know how you feel about your Son, my youngest Daughter has MS
God bless my friend.
Shamus

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
That is sure a tough situation to deal with Scooby. You know that everyone here will support you through these trying times. We will say prayers for your family

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
If there's any good to come of this, it is knowing that a whole community like this will come together and support one of its own with prayers and words of encouragement and understanding. We are all behind you during these unsettled times for you and your family. Our prayers and hope go with you all.

You must have an outlet though so don't stray too far.

Scooby , I read the web site and even feel for you and your son more deeply than ever.
It appears you have a very hard road ahead , please seek help form all of us who care.
Bless You , Mike

Donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law and may be sent to:

CANAVAN RESEARCH ILLINOIS
PO BOX 8194
ROLLING MEADOWS, IL 60008

1-800-833-2194

Climax1880

Feb 13, 2004
At the edge of the woods
Visit site
Scooby:
We have never actually met except for reading each others posts here on the net. I understand how you feel. I lost my middle son in 1974 to Muscular Dystrophy and at that time I had just switched to HO so that we could have something to do together. Unfortunately, I don't deal in N-scale so I can't help you there but I can help with prayer and that's far more important than trains. I pray for healing if it is Gods' will. If it is, wonderful. If it is not, then He has something better for us. God bless you and your family

JR

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Scooby,
Know this, that you, and yours, have a large extended family, many of whom you have never seen, who hold you in their hearts, thoughts, and prayers. Take strength and comfort from that knowledge, that you can give your son the love, care, and attention he needs. You are not alone.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Scooby!
Please accept my best wishes, & prayers for your son, & your family...as a fellow parent, I completely understand your position that a childs well-being must take top priority...it goes very much in your son's favor that he has a family that feels that way! You have my utmost respect, sir!
Like Tyson said, just because you're not activly modeling, doesn't mean you have to be a stranger...stop in & let us know how things are going...
Best wishes to you my friend, & God Bless.

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
I wish and pray for the best for you and your family.

Now,I have had some trouble times over the years and know and understand what you are saying.Even though I did not have a layout or could afford to buy anything I kept my interest up in the hobby by reading and planing my next layout(this was before my computer age) and the hobby help me get through those troubled times by me keeping my sanity instead of falling into deep depression.Sadly that did happen once-not very pretty.
So God bless and help you and your family through these troubled times.

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
As I read your thread and our loving friends reply Scooby, you must know your Family and your Lad will be constantly on our minds and in our prayers.
As Paul said he to has a love one with serious health problems.
And my dear wife is bed ridden now with M S .
If it was`nt for the Grace our Lord provides to go through all this I don`t know what state I would be in. I know he is with me every step of the way.
And as our friends have also said this hobby does supply a pleasent respite from all our worries.
I do hope to here from you soon.
God Bless you and yours.

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
to who has read the post i thank you all and for the one's of you who has been to the web site my son is going to have that sugery they talk about on their sometime befor nov of this year we go for testing in 6 days and then back home to wait for that phone call but with the surgery and all the research done on this dissorder will also help other childern and familys that has members with ms,parkinzins,altimers,ald,tyshats,and others but only in time will they find a cure. but known i have little or no time to model i will drop in from time to time as see how everyone is doing.......:D :D :D :D