Well, For Better Or Worse........

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
I'm in it now. While the forum was down last night, I ordered a Model Power Continental Express set from http://www.buynscale.com (Brooklyn Locomotive Works) It's a diecast Santa Fe passenger set with an F7 engine. MSRP is $121 and BLW had them on closeout for $52.49 plus shipping.

Attachments

• mdp1151.jpg
    mdp1151.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 98

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
fuzzyloggin said:
thats excellent cannon, im not sure of quality as its all new to me in N but im going to do something similar and get a set like this to make the jump into N.
I bought my daughter a Model Power HO set for Christmas and I've been quite happy with it. (Although it has seen almost no running time since the battery powered Thomas engines took over her room. :D ) If the quality of their N scale is as good as their HO, I'll be happy.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
stripes said:
Cannonball, looks like you got a good deal! Awhile back I weeded out all the life like and bachmann stuff to give to the grandson. The model power stuff I kept for me!!!
sign1

David
Yeah... I wasn't sure what to think of them when I first heard the brand name but people seem to like 'em OK. They're not the cheapest train on the track but they aren't unreasonably expensive either. Overall, I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen.

Just won a Bachmann Burlington Northern U36-B engine for $17.50 on eBay.
I'm gonna give a little on the quality since it was cheap and it was Bachmann but I find BN and BNSF stuff hard to resist.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
stripes said:
Well the next step is to start the layout, then visit my site! LOL.
David
I will probably be hitting you up for a few peices.
I already have kind of an idea of what I want to do and a lot of your stuff will fit into the theme.