WELCOME

The Gauge

Dec 14, 2000
www.the-gauge.com
Hi,
On behalf of everyone at The Gauge I'd like to welcome you to the HO scale model train forum. The Gauge belongs to its members and we look forward to hearing your comments about improving the board. If you would like a new forum added, then please ask. However, all new forums will be on a trial basis to see how popular they become. There is nothing worse than having too many forums with too few posts. If you think we should change the names of the forums to something that relates to railroading, all you have to do is "holler", e.g. should we change the name of the "General Talk" section to "The Dining Car"?, and so on.
We will be adding a links section in the near future, so look out for that. We hope to be a valuable resource for the model railway community, and hope you enjoy making new friends at The Gauge.

All the best for now,
Dave Hagan,
The Gauge.

Partsman

Dec 18, 2000
Canada
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome, Dave.

For many years I have had a wish to own a small pike, but time has not allowed. In a year, I will take an early retirement and more time will then be available.

I hope to pick the brains of all the HO modelers present, prior to beginning work on a small mining shortline.

This BB will become one of my more important tools.

Bill.

watash

Dec 16, 2000
Ft.Worth,Texas,Tarrant
Visit site
Partsman, I am retired, full timer. If at all possible, get your full time in, the difference in your S/S income is noticeable! Check it out before signing those papers! I know of one fellow who was grossing $4K each week, and at 65 began getting $1,139 each month! Can you live on that the rest of your life? If you quit at 62 you will get even less than that! Unless you won the Lotto or have a lot of stock, look into this! You can't buy today's high priced plastic train stuff that you then have to spend another hundred or more to make it run on a full 65 retirement amount much less an early retirement amount. Be wise.

------------------
watash

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi and welcome
Fell free to ask any questions you want, somebody here will be able to answer it.
cool.gif

Partsman

Dec 18, 2000
Canada
Visit site
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by watash:
get your full time in, the difference in your S/S income is noticeable!.......beggan getting $1,139 each month!</font>

Thanks for your concern, Watash.

I've been working for the same big company in Canada for over thirty years and they have a generous retirement plan, plus when I'm 65, it will only reduce by the amount of the government pension to come. I think I'll be OK. I do have some other investments also.

watash

Dec 16, 2000
Ft.Worth,Texas,Tarrant
Visit site
That's GREAT Partsman! Build and enjoy. My dad started in 1937 telling me all my life to have a hobby, so when I retired I wouldn't have to sit in a rocker on the front porch and watch the world pass me by. We were into trains (Lionel & real ones) since 1934, and I have not collected, but have gathered up HO ever since. This is my Last layout, I'm hoping I live long enough to run it.

------------------
watash

Partsman

Dec 18, 2000
Canada
Visit site
I'm sure you'll enjoy building this layout as much as running it, Watash.

My plan is to keep it small and manageable. However, my plans have been known to get out-of-hand, once in a while. Ha ha ha.