Weiry & Sons

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hiya Mike, thats one hell of a nice structure, is it scratchbuilt, looks excellent.
shamus

Thanks for the very generous compliments, everyone.

Val, because of where the model is placed on my layout, this is as close as I can get for photos. I do have a closeup of Weiry's freight storage shed I can post, but it's on my other computer at home. I also have a photo of the model (on an earlier layout) that I can scan and post when I get a chance. (It - the photo - won 2nd place at an NMRA National Convention many years ago.)

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Another fabulousbit of modeling my friend, as usual!
:cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:
Val,
The amazing thing about Casey's models is that no matter how close you get, the realism never falls apart...there is detail packed into every pixel of his photos! :cool:

grlakeslogger

Sep 2, 2003
WI, USA
Visit site
Fabulous model placed in a fabulous and believable scene. Great work, Mike. I especially like the weathering and how all is blended together, rather than just "plopped" onto the layout. It looks like it belongs in a small Ozarks town.

As for kit vs. scratch, today's craftsman kits use all the same elements as good scratchbuilding. The modeler does get the advantages of the designer's plans which helps avoid a "sameness" in our structures and of not having to make one's own windows. And I do not know too many "scratchbuilders" today who manufacture ALL of their own windows and detail parts.
--Stu--

Thanks, Charlie and Stu. I sincerely appreciate the compliments and comments.

Stu, on a structure I recently scratchbuilt I also scratchbuilt one set of windows. I started to wonder half way into it if I needed to have my head examined. They came out "ok," but it's not something I'll do again very soon. Those Grandt and Sierra West windows started to look better with every passing minute. ;) :thumb: