Weekly Photo Phun week of 10/26

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by chessie4155, Oct 26, 2007.

1. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Flashback : Summer of 69 .. Mornin commuter:
    [​IMG]
  2. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

Time to throw a little light on the subject. This is what the headlights of my GP50 look like from over seven feet away. I just got them wired yesterday.

[​IMG]
  3. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Fall colors make an excellent backdrop at Ore Hill

Attached Files:

4. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

Making their debut after close to 20yrs in storage, could it be the return of the Zephyr?...................maybe someday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. PWRR-2207

PWRR-2207 Rogue Islander

Hi-Beams

:eek: I did not know they made halogen lights for models... Seen any of those new fangled blue head lights like you see on luxury cars being sold for HO engines? :wink:
  6. jeffrey-wimberl

Those are just 12v 60mA bulbs from Radio Shack. They are bright.
  7. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

Now THIS I want to see. If I do not post a reply, please PM me with a link to it, if you can!
  8. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Hey guys!:thumb:

Paid a visit to the 40th annual Model Train show at Lakota West High School yesterday. Man, there were some exclent layouts!:thumb: I got a few cheapo items for practice weathering, although the cheapest came with an unwelcome surprise of which I learned AFTER I brought it home:eek:
    [​IMG]
    Price: $3. I'd say this is the best toy class car I've seen yet, and in a livery I've wanted for a time, too!
    [​IMG]
    Price: $3 Do I really need to explain this one? Athearn Blue Box kit:rolleyes::mrgreen:
    [​IMG]
    Price: $1.50 I think the guy I bought this from custom-painted this. Athearn Blue Box Kit. Remember what I said about the cheapest car having an unwelcome surprise?
    [​IMG]
    Top right end of car body, you get the idea. I've glued it back together, although it still looks like :curse:. The State of Maine car looks alot better now, but I can't take pics now.
  9. jeffrey-wimberl

Oh yeah, I've gotten some like that, some of them brand new. A little JB Weld goes a long ways.
  10. chessie4155

Great pics everyone.:thumb: ..Keep em comin!

Upon the arrival of EB #96, Conrail Extra #7966 West has a proceed West, take sidng at Arthurville, ovah......

[​IMG]
  11. chessie4155

Busy place this morning:
    [​IMG]
  12. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Arriving north track traffic

Amtrak's Acela arriving on time (for a change) to the Ballantyne Station. Should be in the station for no more than 30 minutes as the Carolinian loads on the south track. Normally, Amtrak officials try to limit the number of times both trains are in the station at the same time to minimize people boarding the wrong train. Today's passenger traffic is light, so everyone should find their correct train. The HHP-8 is a newcomer to these tracks - the catenary system is practically brand new.

Attached Files:

13. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Great shots everyone!:thumb:
    [​IMG]
    Rusty's old Chevy sits at Kay's while #1845 passes by. The car is Woodland Senics' "Rusty's Regret", one of the Auto Scenes line. My dad didn't want to buy it (said we'd already had enough stuff), but I slipped it in when he wasn't looking, and so now it sits, waiting for the dingy spot I'll put it in:p
  14. jeffrey-wimberl

A Chevy? Looks more like a '57 Plymouth Plaza to me. It has the same lines as a '57 Plymouth Fury I used to have. The Plaza was the stripped down version of the Fury.
  15. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

I couldn't remember what kind of car it was, so I called it a Chevy. It's aparently a 50's two-door hardtop in almost junk condition. This site explains all of the Auto Scenes: Woodland Scenics Vehicles Auto Scenes
    I want 'Spoonin 'n Croonin':mrgreen: Would go great with my Kay's Ice Cream stall.
  16. CRed

CRed Member

Most definitely a beautiful engine and paint job,they did a great job on it.It's one of several that they use for excursions,they have a DM&IR SD18,Soo FP-7,GN NW-5 and now a Soo 4-6-2 Pacific along with the Soo GP30 to choose from.

I can't wait for the "Polar Express" excursion so I can get some pictures of the Soo 4-6-2.It's nice that it's back home,it pulled the "Laker" from Duluth to Chicago in it's heyday and is the last remaining steam engine in working order from the Soo.

Chris
  17. chessie4155

A trio of old Geeps working out their last days..
    [​IMG]
  18. brakie

brakie Active Member

Great picture all..Keep 'em coming!

Chessie,Every time I visit youtube I end up watching 2 or 3 of your videos.Great job!
    Some Chessie power for you.

[​IMG]
  19. chessie4155

Brakie: SWEEEET! Thanks, Love the Alco!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
  20. Uintah Dave

Uintah Dave Member

I finally read the thread on how to post pics. Here are a couple of my in progress layout and my newest addition an Atlas Alco S4 (WP 563).

Attached Files: