Weekly Photo Fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

UP SD40-2

OK FOLKS, in a PM a couple weeks ago Larry(Brakie) sent me, he mentioned doing a "Weekly Photo Fun" thread, i thought it was a GREAT IDEA!:thumb:

We never really come up with any guidelines though:eek:ops:, and Larry was making a trip to the hobby shop today(lucky dog)and asked me to start it out:D.(THANKS LARRY!:D) So for the FIRST INSTALLMENT of the "Weekly Photo Fun", i have posted 5 guide lines to go by(these might change in future installmentstooth1).

HERE THEY ARE:
1. Do you have some pics of projects you have been working on this week and want to post them, GO AHEAD!
thumbsup.gif

2. Have you set up a nice scene on the layout and want to post some of the shots, POST 'EM
thumbsup.gif

3. Went rail fanning this week, and want to show some pics of what you seen, LETS SEE THEM
thumbsup.gif

4. Perhaps you made a trip to the Hobby shop or a show, we would love to see what you got, POST IT
thumbsup.gif

5. maybe you have some nice pics you have taken of the layout that haven't been posted, but you would like to show them off, WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM
thumbsup.gif

announce1 PLEASE ONLY POST PICTURES THAT YOU HAVE TAKEN;). THANK YOU!:D

To start it out, here are 5 pics i am contributing to this weeks thread. 2 of the pics were taken THIS WEEK:D, three of them are from previous photo shoots i have done:eek:ops:. View attachment 34548 View attachment 34549 View attachment 34550 View attachment 34551 View attachment 34552

Attachments

• wpf1.JPG
    wpf1.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 290
  • wpf2.JPG
    wpf2.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 285
  • wpf3.JPG
    wpf3.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 285
  • wpf4.JPG
    wpf4.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 285
  • wpf5.JPG
    wpf5.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 281
Love the first shot...but it needs a blurry SUV right in the center speeding by...with a soccer mom on a cell phone drinking a latte' and driving, in order to be TRULY realistic. (The guardrail goes a long way to that effect, btw...nice touch).

jbaakko

Ahhh, so I get add some stuff here too!? Well I'll pick up soon, I allready started a thread on my recent work.

NSES44DC

I just love that DRGW UP PATCH Unit! Makes me jealous that I dont have one! Tomorrow I am checking out a LHS that just opened a few miles away from my house, hopefully to bring home a DRGW unit, CNW unit or anything SP/UP

Herc Driver

EMD #7 GP60 and UP Dash-8

#7 Rolling at dusk and #5698 taking the morning run.

Attachments

• Copy of P1270369.JPG
    Copy of P1270369.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 266
  • Copy of P1280375.JPG
    Copy of P1280375.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 244

UP SD40-2

jbaakko said:
Ahhh, so I get add some stuff here too!?
Galen, THANKS! for the VERY KIND words!:D your right, LOL! i should have put an SUV with a "soccer mom" in the first picsign1

Josh, YOU BET!, YOU CAN POST STUFF IN THIS THREAD!:thumb:

Jeff, THANKS!:D hey, if you get a new engine, POST IT ON HERE! i would love to see it!:thumb:

Herc, NICE GP60!:thumb: GREAT SHOT TOO!:thumb: i REALLY LIKE the GP60's:thumb: of the 5 pics i posted, the third one down IS A GP60!;). NICE UP Dash-8!!!:thumb: THANKS FOR POSTING!:thumb:

OK FOLKS, only 6 days left for this thread, LETS SEE WHAT YOU WANT TO SHARE!:D
THANKS!:D -Deano

doctorwayne

Great idea Larry, and great pictures Dean: they look so much better in full colour.:thumb: :thumb:
Herc, good lookin' diesel: :thumb: if it had been posted anonymously I wouldn't have guessed that it's N scale. I also like your repairs to the road at the crossing. Around here, we try to hit the first pothole at a high enough speed to sail right over the tracks without touching the rails.:D
This thread is a good opportunity for anybody to post a picture or two, especially if you think that you don't have enough material to start a thread on your own. :thumb:

Wayne

cn nutbar

hi everyone---beautiful pictures so far---it's been a great weekend for me---a local train show,the LHS has a 15% sale on all in-store items and to top it all off,it was my birthday on friday so my wife let me off my leash and told me to go buy myself something i might like---is this a train-nuts dream or what :D :D :D ---anyway,thanks to a tip from deano,i managed to find something

trueline6705001.jpg

trueline6705008.jpg

sure beats new socks and under-wear---cn nutbar

doctorwayne

Nice looking locomotive, my friend, and its so nice to see you continuing the process of dieselising your railroad. Next time you come for a visit, and to get that baby weathered, bring along all of your unwanted steamers, as my road is still mired in the 'thirties and is always in need of motive power.;)

Wayne

Herc Driver

Thanks Wayne -

As for that road...it was my first attempt at using spackle to make roads and I put it on too thick which gave the natural although unintentional "repair" marks and cracks. Two coats of india ink later and some white chalk dust for highlighting produced the final result. I have more roads to do using this method, but there's so much dust sanding and such, I'll need to set aside a lot of time before starting the road project. But that road is indicative of the fine Carolina pavement were enjoy around here. I'm sure we have road crews...I've just never seen them.

Herc Driver said:
I have more roads to do using this method, but there's so much dust sanding and such, I'll need to set aside a lot of time before starting the road project.

I've tried sanding and I've tried a wet sponge.. Honestly I can't tell the difference between the results.. But it seems to me using a wet sponge to smooth out spackle/joint compound is a lot less messier! :thumb:

C

Catt

Didn't we try this once before and got complaints.Well this I'll complain if we don't keep it up.:D

My contribution for this week is a pic of one of my new ATLAS U23B's coupled up to one of my ATLAS B23-7's. They are setting on the bridge on my still underconstruction N scale photo diorama.

u23bb23a.jpg

The only reasopn it isn't done because I keep changing it.:D In fact I'm thinking right now about making it wider so I camn put some of my kitbashed and/or scratchbuilt buildings 0n it.

UP SD40-2

-GREAT PICS FOLKS!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: KEEP 'EM COMING!:D-

Wayne, THANK YOU!:D, you are VERY KIND!:D

Josh, i really want to see how that SD40-2 turns out!:thumb:

Catt, NICE GE's!:thumb: i think that section looks GREAT!:thumb: :thumb: I'm not sure if i would tear it up;). Hey Catt, why on earth would people complain about a "Weekly Photo Fun" thread?:confused: the weekly photo fun thread could provide better coverage for some things, as opposed to posting a pic or two on a thread, and only getting 2-3 replies, and 20 views;). announce1 IN 24HRS, THIS THREAD HAS GOTTEN 14 REPLIES, AND OVER 220 VIEWS!!:D
i think the weekly photo fun thread is WELL WORTH DOING!:D this type of thread is viewed by most ALL members several times a week, and gives MANY a GREAT CHANCE to be SEEN and HEARD!:thumb: ...just MY thoughts:D.

nutbar, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!balloon6 CRIPES!, you got yourself an AWESOME present!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: that 5 axle FM is FANTASTIC!!!:thumb: and best of all, its an FM!:D
REALLY, Wayne showed me that they were coming out months ago, but i seen one in last months Model RR, and it had YOUR NAME all over it!!!;):D

Bob, WOW!:eek:, that "J" looks AWESOME!!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

announce1HEY FOLKS, THIS IS NOT MY THREAD. I just started this weeks installment of the "Weekly Photo Fun" thread;). Next Fri-Sat, ANYONE CAN START THE NEXT ONE!:thumb:

THANKS!:D-Deano

C

Catt

I vote that we make this a weekend deal starting at say 6:pm on Friday.By the way it has been my experience that most weekend photo threads will run from when ever they are started till the next one starts :D :D

brakie

John,I was hoping to get the members more active in sharing pictures of their models,on going project etc and make it easier for them to join in on the fun by posting a picture or pictures..I have notice its usually the same posters starting topics and sharing their pictures and of course that is great but,I really want to get others to join in like I said and my thoughts is a weekly photo phun topic.I see no reason why we can't..As far as complaints there is NO forum rule stating you have to post a picture to enjoy a photo phun topic and like any other topic those that are not interested need not open the topic.
Simple yes? :D

viperman

Great shots so far! Deano, I love that last pic with the police car! I'll be working on the layout tonight a little bit, and will take a shot of the current project to post here

C

Catt

Larry,my only complaints about a weekly photo thread is the fact that it's taken us so long to get one started.:D I am definately all for it and encouraging the members to get involved pics or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.