Weekly Photo Fun week of Feb. 29

slekjr

We are finally getting a little more snow then we have had all year.
This isn't the worst snow this old girl has seen.

Here's a stock car I finished. The background has been cropped in.

CBQStockoutwest-1.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Here's a follow up to Jeffrey's loco shed pic. It looks pretty quiet this afternoon at the engine house in Kings Port...
015_15.jpg

Ralph

UP SD40-2

Charlie, FANTASTIC shot of #752!:thumb: i'm ALWAYS GLAD to see pics of it:winki::mrgreen: .

Kyle, AWESOME JOB on that stockcar!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

TrainsWinnipeg, NICE PROTO SHOT!:thumb::mrgreen:

Jeffrey, NICE SHOT!!!:thumb::thumb: , good looking RSC too!:winki::mrgreen:

Ralph, did you get a new camera?, GREAT SHOT!:thumb::mrgreen: , i would love to see a "tour" of your layout:winki::mrgreen: .

Mark, NICE SHOT!:thumb::thumb: , GOOD JOB on the MP weathering too:winki::mrgreen: .

:deano: -Deano
milwa3.JPG

UP SD40-2

Ralph, that pic turned out looking GREAT:thumb:, i could have swore you got a new camera:winki::mrgreen::thumb: .

Shaun, :bravo: :thumb: :thumb: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , now thats my kinda engines:thumb::mrgreen: .

:deano: -Deano

Free-mo Tim

trksd05.JPG
Here are 3 "trackside" pictures. I don't take pictures with trains headed towards me.....I believe in safety! ;)
trksd06.JPG

Please forgive the lack of depth of field. The lighting was marginal and a flash would have "washed" everything out.

trksd07.JPG

jeffrey-wimberl

My accomplishment for this weekend was putting together an automatic system to turn my layout lights on when the room lights are y=turned off. The centerpiece of the system is a dusk to dawn spotlight fixture that I got from Wal-Mart for $8. Here's a short video showing it in action.

Biased turkey

As usual, everyone posted great pics.
Nice work.
I was particularly impressed with EngineerKyle's stockcar and Free-mo Tim's pics taken from under the viaduct.
Here is my contribution, an N scale weathered CPR 40' boxcar.
I had to mix my own grimy black because when I opened my Polly Scale grimy black jar, I realized it left some "sediment" in the bottom of my airbrush cup. So I dumped the whole jar and tried to mix my own.
The rust drybrushing on the trucks is another own mix.

Jacques

boxcarweathered.jpg

jbaakko

Here's some recent custom work... Model T pickup, and a BNSF Dash 9.

Attachments

• bc0007_02.JPG
    bc0007_02.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 10
  • bc0010_01.JPG
    bc0010_01.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 9
  • bc0010_03.JPG
    bc0010_03.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 9
  • bc0010_07.JPG
    bc0010_07.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 9

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Great pics everyone. I always enjoy these weekly installments. :thumb: :thumb:

My accomplishment for this weekend was putting together an automatic system to turn my layout lights on when the room lights are y=turned off. The centerpiece of the system is a dusk to dawn spotlight fixture that I got from Wal-Mart for $8. Here's a short video showing it in action.
Jeffrey, very nice effect. Have you considered putting a dimmer on your room lights so the change from day to night wouldn't be so abrupt?