Weekly Photo Fun 9-26

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
I too like that shot! The lighting is just perfect.

I like that night shot! It reminds me of a part of my recent Amtrak trip when I woke up very early in the morning and found our train stopped with my roomette being right in the middle of a grade crossing. I looked out my window at some cars waiting for The Empire Builder to get moving.
That happened to me also 'cept I don't remember where... somewhere between Toledo, OH and Flagstaff, AZ. I just remember it being really weird... kind of like people were sitting right outside my house looking in my bedroom window!

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Can't do either, tunnels or Rio Grande.

But..I have been working on these.
Reassembling Southwick and Winsted SD35. Its an Atlas model. Left the handrails in my basement workshop, and I will replace the supplied Atlas grabs with Details West.
And..decaling the replacement power for the Litchfield Hills. The AMD103 will be assigned in another division.(Off layout fo course)

Attachments

• newpower.jpg
    newpower.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 10

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
In the heat of the night:
HPIM0561.jpg
You know, the more I stare at this picture, the more I expect that any minute, I'm gonna see a great big old full moon pop up from behind that overpass. Then I had an idea... a goofy one but still an idea... Some of those astronomy stores sell some pretty convincing glow in the dark moons. You could paste one of 'em on the wall behind the overpass so that when the lights are on, you really don't notice it but when the lights go out, it pops right out. Nahhhhh, probably end up looking to hokey anyways.

Here's a shot of three more Rio Grandes. Two freights getting ready to leave the yard while the special excursion steamer is preparing to make a run down to dogtown and back.
IMG_0052lowres.jpg

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
There's a shot I've not seen before. Can you tell us more about the car Jeff? What about the surface it is sitting on? Is it finished or do you have plans to further detail the driveway area? What is the structure supposed to be? From the portico, it kind of resembles a Ramada Inn but the roll up doors suggest a fire station or a garage.

jeffrey-wimberl

The car is a Ford Shelby GR-1 (Concept). The surface is plaster. It was mixed to a thin consistency so that it would find it's own level. There's still more work to be done but that's a future project. The surface has to be painted gray to match the roads. That area is somewhat difficult to get to. The structure is a service station and garage. I don't remember exactly who made it, I think Heljan. I got it back in the 80's and it's been on a number of layouts. On this layout it's Ezra Smith's gas station. There's a small travel trailer parked out back.

GS4

World's Greatest Hobby
announce1

Here's one that I call "LOOKING ALONG THE TRACKS"

lookingdownthetracks.8.jpg

Then there's the variations:-
This one is called "BLOWN AWAY"
lookingdownthetracks.10.jpg

This one is "GRANPA'S MEMORIES"
lookingdownthetracks.2.jpg

Cheers, Simon bounce7

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I like the view but it appears this is an earthquake zone! Yikes! The sepia tone is very effective!
Ralph

N

nachoman

Simon- awesome! :)
Jeffrey - that's the best photo you have ever posted to this form. Well done! :D

Kevin

jesso

Kyle, great pictures!:thumb:
In the fourth one down, are those skyscapers in the back models or are they on the background? If models, are they scratch built or are they kits and where to get them?

Kevinkrey

I love that 4th photo! Two of my favorite things, DMIR and Caterpillar! Whats a DMIR car doing that far away anyway? I think you better send it back this way.