Weekly Photo Fun 7/7

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Well, its 10:10PM and nobody has started this weeks "Photo Fun" thread yet...looks like its up to me to get the ball rolling:winki: :mrgreen: .
DSC08894.JPG

CNJ999

Aug 21, 2004
Here's my offering for the weekend. It's a shot of Hudson Highlands RR #900, this day assigned to a Hot Shot run. Highballin' through the country side, we see it here garnering salutations from the crew of a slidelined peddler freight.

HHRR04.jpg

CNJ999

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Nice start Dean! I agree, your roads are fabulous! CNJ999, Great shot!!!
That's a sharp looking loco and I can't stop looking at the details on that caboose!

My contribution this time is big PC power resting at the KP&W's small engine facilities at the junction where they meet in Kingsport. Adding more details like hoses to those sand towers is still on the "to do" list. :)

6-30-2007-07.jpg

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Deano...I concur with Gus: "THAT ROAD...best I've seen anywhere..!!! GREAT JOB...!!!":thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: Also, your taste in boxcars is impeccable:winker::mrgreen:

CNJ999...beautiful pic!!!

Ralph...I love that shot!...great job:thumb::thumb::thumb:
question: is that the infamous "Days without an accident" sign in the lower right corner?:mrgreen:

I was trying to take pics from the back of the layout towards the front of the room. I used a skyblue piece of poster board simply held in my hands for these experimental pics. I will need some kind of rolling "front-drop" to take finished looking pictures....but these give an idea of what is possible.

sky001.jpg

sky008.jpg

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
Deano: WOW! Now thats an awsum way to start things off! Cool shot.
CNJ999: Fantastic outside shot..
Ralph: Cool shot, gotta love those U boats!
Steve: Awsum shot. I really like your trestles..that poster board works well...
Here's Extra 4204 West with a WM F7B unit in the consist..
789.jpg

Great start to this weeks photo phun! Keep em comin!

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
A little something I bought at the local NMRA division meeting I attended today (Division 7 of the mid-west division, to be exact):

Div_7_special.jpg

Great pics everyone! Keep on with the quality shots!:thumb:

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Gus, THANK YOU!, for the complements:smilie: .

CNJ999, OUTSTANDING SHOT!:thumb::thumb::thumb: my Dad REALLY liked it too!:thumb: .

Ralph, NICE SHOT of the engine servicing facility:thumb: i love the sign shot too:winki: ...to funny:mrgreen::thumb: .

Steve, WOW!!!:eeki: SLAP AWESOME BRIDGE SHOTS!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb: that angle worked out well!:winki::mrgreen:

Mark, FANTASTIC SHOT!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb: I swear just looking at it makes me feel as though i am there:winki::thumb::thumb: .

tomkat, GREAT SHOTS!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb: looks like an area where i live:winki: .

CNWman, NICE collector car!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I know, i post to many shots at crossings:eek:ops::119: , i don't know what it is about grade crossings, but they are one of my favorite places to see trains:mrgreen: . i think for some of us, one of our first encounters with a train was at a crossing:winki: .
GREAT PICS FOLKS!!!:thumb: KEEP 'EM COMING!!!
:deano: -Deano
WESTSIDE.JPG

CROSS2.JPG

CROSS3.JPG

CROSS1.JPG

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Dean,

You're right about grade crossings. They are the place most of us first observed trains. Your grade shots are very realistic! I love that diner scene too. Hey, here's a detail question. What did you use for guard rails along the road across from the diner?

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
GREAT PICS EVERYONE!!!!!
CNWman-very nice collector car,god bless the queen city!
Deano-one question...how do you build your roads!!! there incredible,i can never get mine to look so perfect,and aged to perfection!!!--josh

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Dean,

You're right about grade crossings. They are the place most of us first observed trains. Your grade shots are very realistic! I love that diner scene too. Hey, here's a detail question. What did you use for guard rails along the road across from the diner?
THANK YOU VERY MUCH Ralph!:smilie:
for the guardrails, i use Pikestuff brand, Walther's #541-3:winki:
last week i took a TON of picks from different angles of the grade crossings, and was going to do a whole thread on grade crossings, after much thought, i decided it wasn't a good idea:eek:ops: . now i have TONS of grade crossing pics....look for them in future posts:eek:ops::119: .

...Deano-one question...how do you build your roads!!! there incredible,i can never get mine to look so perfect,and aged to perfection!!!--josh
THANKS Josh!:smilie:
my roads are pretty simple:eek:ops: . i use styrene, and paint it primer gray. for the stripes, i use automotive pin striping, you can pick it up at ANY auto parts store:thumb: , 1/16th for the thin stripes, 1/8th for the thicker stripes:thumb: ,you can use yellow or white(for more modern era roads, you would use the yellow:winki: ). to weather the roads i just used Polly Scale "engine black", about two teaspoons to a pint of Isopropyl Alcohol 70% strength, dip your brush in the mixture and wipe most of it off on a paper towel, now "drybrush" the tire paths on. be sure to add some oil spots here and there:winki: (it took me 3 and a half hours to weather the Diner parking lot and main road:eek:ops: ). i used a VERY FINE TIP marker to make the cracks in the road, place them here and there:winki: . THATS IT!:eeki: now you know how simple it is:thumb: . There are better ways to do roads:winki: , be sure and check out the MODELING GREATS:worship: roads on this forum, before you settle for mine:eek:ops: .
THANKS! :deano: -Deano
din1.JPG

din2.JPG

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
thanks deano! i was suprised at how simple you made it sound! ill definatley try it and the other GREAT modelers like yourself on making roads.thanks.--josh

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Deano
Great start to the photo thread!

CNJ999
Awesome shot!

Ralph
Nice shot of the locos!

Steve
Neat shot!

Chessie4155
Cool shot of a great consist!

Tomkat
Great looking flatcar and scene!

CNWman
Cool hopper!

Deano
Great shots and nice locos!

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Mark, NICE SHOTS!:thumb: My favorite so far this week that you have posted is the first one:winki: . hope you don't mind that i "saved" it to my computer:smilie: .

Smoke, GREAT JOB on that SD75M:thumb::thumb:

Tom, THANK YOU for the complements:smilie: . Hmm...i am looking for YOUR pic/s this week:winki: .

KEEP 'EM COMING FOLKS!:mrgreen:

:deano: -Deano