Weekly Photo Fun 7/27

cnw1961

Hey, it’s Friday. Nobody wants to start off the Photo Fun thread? I didn’t want to do it this week, but here we go … :mrgreen:

One of the most beautiful noses in railroading.

pf13.jpg

UP SD40-2

Great Shot Kurt!

Kurt:wav: , ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC way to start this weeks thread out:winki::thumb::mrgreen: . i don't recall seeing that engine before...:confused: , is it a NEW one you have just got?
:deano: -Deano

cnw1961

Deano, thank you :wave::wave:. No, it’s not a new engine, it is my first HO engine. I bought it some years ago when I was still planing to model C&O in WV, but that’s another story … :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

steamhead

I concur....Greatest profile in RR history..!! And a fabulous shot, to boot...!!! :thumb:

There's a story behind my awe & love affair with the F's (is it an F ??)...But I'll leave that for another ocassion.... :rolleyes:

UP SD40-2

Kurt:wav: , after seeing your F unit, i was inspired to post my F9:mrgreen: .
The last pic is the current project i plan on finishing this weekend:winki: , its an FM H10-44:thumb: .

OK FOLKS, TIME TO GET IN ON THIS WEEKS THREAD:thumb: .
:deano: -Deano
FF91.JPG

FF92.JPG

HH10.JPG

slekjr

Maybe we agree on the E and F noses, but that may be because we remember them better. I think if more had been built and stayed around longer, we might be discussing the PA's and FA's
Charlie

Attachments

• MILW83A480.jpg
    MILW83A480.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 10
  • VIA67581079.jpg
    VIA67581079.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 10

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Nice start this week guys.
I guess thats what you get for parking your FM in a bad neighborhood.Someone stole the wheels.

Here's my pic for the week.
Central New England SD70M in New Haven retro paint, passes by Southwick and Winsted GP38-2 parked at the Ore Hill station siding.

Attachments

• orehillrunby1 Large Web view.jpg
    orehillrunby1 Large Web view.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 12

Smoke

SOU is for you!!
Here is a video of my newly aquired Blue line AC6000CW.:mrgreen: it's a pretty crappy video, just so you know.

slekjr

Here is a picture of an SW7 I repainted to match the prototype I did for the LBCV in Negley in 1992. I still have to decal it one of these days. This is on my layout at home.
Charlie

Attachments

• PDRM0136.JPG
    PDRM0136.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 10

chessie4155

Kurt: WOW! Another amazing Picture..Way to go.. Look's like we're off to another great start.:thumb:

Deano: Nice Shots...Thats a huge plow:eek: Pretty cool though, it sure adds a lot of detail to the front of your F unit:thumb:

Slekjr: Cool pics:thumb:

88fan1: Nice pics:thumb:

DoctorWayne: Another fantastic pic of your awsum layout.:thumb:

Ralph: Cool shot of your KP&W F units.:thumb:

It's 1975 and this is the last year for the B&O Funits..future trade in fodder for new GP40-2s.. if it wasn't for that 1975 van, this shot could pass for ten years earlier in 1965..
HPIM1825.jpg

Herc Driver

Southern F7

While the crew argues about the correct area to fix first, Bob decides to grab a drink of coke and watch the Southern A+B+A excursion roll into the station.

Attachments

• Copy of P7210532.JPG
    Copy of P7210532.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 9

steamhead

Hey...!!! Great shots from all of you guys..!!

Deano...How did you get that FM unit to levitate like that...Cool trick..!! :mrgreen:

Spankybird....Where you been keeping yourself..?? Long time no see. Wonderful shots of that monster steamer..!! (Big Boy..Challenger..??).

All those F units are great too - not to mention the Dr's Mogul-headed consist...

Looks like a promising start to this week's fun..!! :thumb:

brakie

Great pictures everbody! Again thanks to all for making this a popular weekly topic!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Heres 2 more photos I took during the Bucyrus club open house during the week of the county fair.I am sorry that the pictures are fuzzy but,I believe the batteries was getting low or worst the camera is on its last legs.
This is the roundhouse area.

100_1203.jpg

A overall view of the diesel shop area.This area is slated to be upgraded.
100_1193.jpg

steamhead

Boy...!! If there's a paint scheme that makes drool almost as much as the SF War Bonnet, it's the B&O's....Love that blue & gold..!! :rolleyes:
Thanks for posting.. :thumb:

cn nutbar

hello everyone---i'm posting this thread from halifax nova scotia,half way through a vacation to the east coast of canada---we recently stopped in delson quebec where they have an excellent train museum (exporail) and they have the real #4100 on display---here's a shot of the model---should be back on the home rails by next saturday,in the meantime,happy railroading

11062006_001.jpg