Weekly photo fun 11/28

N

nachoman

Can't believe a new photo thread has not been started yet :mrgreen:

Anyway, remember these from a few weeks ago? I was at my parents' house for the holiday, and found my old one.

Attachments

• helium.jpg
    helium.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 9

spankybird

OTTS Founder
May 13, 2005
Willoughby, Ohio, USA
:needpics:

Here is the Christmas Layout that The Western Reserve Model Railroad Museum has at the Cleveland Botanical Garden.

DSCF2522(1)s.JPG

DSCF2521(1s).JPG

DSCF2524(1)s.JPG

DSCF2513(1)s.JPG

DSCF2514(1)s.JPG

:wave:

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Thanks for getting things started Kevin! The rest of us are busy eating Thanksgiving leftovers. :)

A pair of PC Geeps runs light in the opposite direction of a freight heading upgrade on Marion curve.

IMG_0588.jpg

Ralph

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Can't believe a new photo thread has not been started yet :mrgreen:

Anyway, remember these from a few weeks ago? I was at my parents' house for the holiday, and found my old one.
...And its a UP even:eeki::thumb: , NICE FIND Kevin:winki::mrgreen: .

**I was looking through folders that contain rail fan shots i have taken, i have went through about 50 folders so far:rolleyes: , and i found 15 pics i haven't posted, here's one of them...

DSC003171.JPG

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Kevin
Cool “old” car. I have to look because I think I have a couple of them laying around somewhere.

Tom
Neat looking layout and shots!

Ralph
Cool shot! I just picked up a couple of Penn Central GP-7s. I need to Penn Centeralize them some.:twisted::mrgreen:

Deano
Neat proto shot!

Jeffery
Cool video!

Ed
Great shot!

jbaakko

Jun 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
rr.blockchoice.com
I've been promising Josh (trucklover) that I'd upload some shots of my further work on the oil loading platforms destined for my layout.
sl00056.JPG
sl00057.JPG

And, some Dash 9 side frame work. BNSF Dash 9's commonly have 3 exposed roller bearings on one side of the truck, and only the center exposed on the opposite. I've drilled out the "covered" bearing and added a Details West exposed roller bearing. I like it so much, that I'm not planning to replace ALL of my Dash 9's and AC4400's exposed bearings!
bnsf4723_07.JPG

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
What I've been up to...

I know my picture posting is way down...I'm still here everyday, but have little work worthy of posting. I have decided on the track plan, now I'm roughing in the roads and building placement. All the track in pinned in place and won't be finalized until I get 4 more Peco turnouts to replace some older Atlas and Bachmanns.

Overall length is 16 feet, width at each end is 24 inches narrowing to 16" in the middle. Note the angled ceiling I have to contend with. the "northern" most mainline track is on roadbed only and flat while the inner siding is on roadbed but raised 1/2" to help hide the area where the wall and ceiling meet just behind the northern mainline. Crown molding is centered and affixed on the front of the layout to help keep everything on the layout in case a sleeve or arm drags across too low to the structures/trees/trains. The "southern" most track is on grade without the raised roadbed for a change in elevation and perspective as well as providing a gulley to hopefully catch a car or engine just in case the worst happens.

The theme mimics South Blvd here in Charlotte where the NS mainline runs through urban areas very near businesses and streets. Many industries, businesses and living areas predominate that stretch of track, finally ending in the yard on the north side of the city. The yard itself is on multiple grades, almost like the added a lot of track as traffic increased, and placed it wherever they could. I hope to run DCC in the future, but for now, it's wired for DC operations. There's still a ton of things to do as I'm sure you can see. But I can run a train on this dog bone design for hours without a derailment - and for now that's fine. When we go DCC, the operation will go more into servicing the industries and local freight transfer to the yard for train buildup and longer mainline travels.

I'm still very open to suggestions...if you can make anything out from the pictures! All ideas are welcomed! :thumb:

Attachments

• Copy of PB290499.JPG
    Copy of PB290499.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Copy of PB290500.JPG
    Copy of PB290500.JPG
    140.5 KB · Views: 11

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Looking good Herc!

Hey Jeffrey, I saw a similar cool pedestrian bridge in the Trackside Photo section in a recent issue of Model Railroader.

Here's a picture of action on two levels on my layout. That's my trackcleaner car on the highline.
IMG_0580.jpg

Ralph