Weekly Photo Fun 10-5 10-7

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
TomPM...great place for a roll-by! BEAUTIFUL!!!!
tomkat...sweet scene!

photos405.jpg

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Very nice shots this week :thumb:. I finished a new background building (well nearly, still have to glue glass to the windows). That gives me a new angle for taking pics.

091007.jpg

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Kurt...Beautiful shot! I love the new angle:thumb:

One problem....Let's see your new scratch-built structure up close (after the glass is installed of course):winker:.

I also like the dead branches/leaves on the tree to the left (nice touch, very realistic)

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Great Pics everyone!:thumb:

Last night I finally finished up one of my top projects: RRR #1116! For those of you who do not know the story of 1116, I have several pics of its evolution from its peice of :curse: start to last night's moment of truth to go along with the story.

When I first got 1116, all I knew was it was a dissasembled desiel switcher painted gold in a cheapo baggie in a junk box in a model train store in L.A. The manager of the store let me have it for free, and so Riverside had its third engine once assembled (I had not aquired my P2K's or my B23-7 yet). After learning that it was a Hustler and its infamous claims, I was ready to get it to run. The Hustler, however, wasn't. I found this out when I discovered the grounding wire had become unsodered, and so I had to seek help from a fellow NMRA member, who showed me that not only was there no circiut, but the gear shaft had only one bent holder (the other one aparently broke off), the wheels were unimaginably dirty, and the shell itself was painted gold on the inside! With his help, most of the problems were solved, but the gold shell had to be addresed when the temporary solution (duct tape to prevent the conductivity of the gold paint) failed, the engine needed a new paint job. I first painted the underside black to prevent the underside from playing a role:
000_00021.JPG

Then the entire engine...
000_00022.JPG

And finally 3 coats of bright orange (inspired by Ralph's KP&W switchers)
000_00023.JPG

After some work on my grain elevator, I added the secondary coat of gray:
000_0001.JPG

000_00024.JPG

Then almost a month ago, I put on one side of the decals:
000_00014.JPG

Finally, I put on the other side of the decals, and thus Riverside Railroad #1116 could at last earn her keep:
000_000212.JPG

000_00039.JPG

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Since its almost Columbus Day I'll post this photo that supports the view of the Flat Earth Society. :) Tugs working this car float need to avoid sailing off the edge of the world!

9-4-2007-03.jpg

Ralph

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Ralph, you picture is a real surprise. I always thought there was a waterfall at the edge of the world …

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Woah, Kurt, that is one beautiful shot! One of my new favorites here at The Gauge. The colors are perfect!

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Definately AWESOME kurt, could you PM or e-mail me with plans to that building it's another necessary building I must have for my layout!

To e-mail me, follow the link in my signature and click on the "contact us" button, PLEASE! :)

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Steve, Mark, Gary, Miles, glad you like this new scene on my layout. It’s not totally completed yet, but I am working on it. :wave:

Miles, I saw a picture of a street corner in Florence CA and I knew that’s it. http://www.trainweb.org/dansrailpix/florence1.JPG , http://www.trainweb.org/dansrailpix/florence2.JPG .

I changed the windows of the structure, because I wanted to use windows from Tichy Train Group I had at hand. This structure is quite easy to do. I only did drawings of the walls and the floor. I will send you a PDF file and a brief how-to within the next few days :wave:.

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Oct 15, 2002
Drexel Hill, PA
www.trainweb.org
Tomkat
Great looking track gang!

Steve
That is a neat shot with the F-unit peeking through the rocks!

Josh
Cool “new” stuff!

Chessie4155
Nice delivery!

Kurt
Awesome grade crossing shot!

CNWman
Great job on the switcher!

Jeffery
Nice job on the loco!

Ralph
Neat shot of the car float!