Weekend question, 12-8, 9 and 10

ezdays

Out AZ way
You have all heard of "organized chaos", well, that's my style. First of all, if it's in a drawer with similar things, it's not "junk", that's all "spare parts". I've got cabinets full of "parts", electronic, general hardware and train specific. Everything from rail nails ot trucks and wheels. I have drawers for decals, one for tape, another for glue and several for tools.

Now to the junk piles. Most stuff is in plastic bins of all sizes. Wire in one, balsa wood in another, one for car and engine bodies, yet another for rail sections and so forth. Do I ever throw anything out? Heck no, you know there'll always be a need the next day, so I just stuff it in another bin or create a new bin when the old one gets full.:D :D

So with all this organization, you must think it's easy to find anything, just reach and what I want and it is right there and handy. Nothing is further from the truth, whatever I need is usually under about 15 inches of other stuff I don't need, either on my workbench or somewhere on or underneath the layout. Somewhere around 50% of my project time is spent looking for stuff. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I'd be better off if I just put everything in one pile on the floor, at least I'd know where it was...stooges8

oldtanker

OK here is my "work area" for my trains. keep in mine that space in the basement is limited.

100_0796.jpg

Rick