Weekend Pics

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
Joepomp said:
I am starting to make progress. The parking lot to the Round house is 90% complete.
:rolleyes:

Jeez, If you are just starting to make progress, I'd like to see it when you get finished. Nice job! Looks like the real thing.

CAS

Apr 10, 2005
Chicago, Illinois
It looks real nice, like mentioned above the cracks and the weeds put the finishing touch.

What kind of material did you use to make the parking lot?

Cliff

elwood

Jun 25, 2005
That looks like a Ford Lightning parked there. Or is it just a regular F150? Either way, nice lot!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Hey, just keep doin' what you're doin', it ain't all that bad, just do a chunk at a time and be sure all the track meet other track somewhere and you have a layout. If it looks anything like these two pics, you will have a fantastic layout....

trainwhiz20

Aug 9, 2004
Tampa, FL
Seriously, that looks great. I love the rock face in the second picture, and I also too admire your parking lot.

As EZ said, don't worry, a chunk at a time and it will look even better. Looks like it's certainly coming along! :)

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
didn't get much done on my layout, but I kept busy woth other MRR activites.

I took a trip down to the Trolley museum in Warehouse Point, CT. I rememeber seeing this "streetcar" (never trolley to the inhabitants of N.O. LA) down at the old mint in the French Quarter in New Orleans, LA. Then one year it disappeared and I never new what happened to it. I didn't know if it was being restored or just moved to another part of the city.

Later on I thought that maybe the museum in Wharehouse Point had bought it and sure enough, there it was/is. It did run on the old Desire Line and did actually carry the film crews for the movie "A streetcar Named Desire", but I doubt it or any others were actually named "Desire".

When the conductor/curator was telling us this, you should have heard the ohhhhs of enlightenment from the ladies in the car.

They did a real nice job on restoring it.

I do have a bunch of other pics, but I'm going to place them in another thread

Attachments

• desire_small.JPG
    desire_small.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 33