Wed 10-18 Question of the day

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by ezdays, Oct 18, 2006.

1. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Hey, I've been thinking a lot about this one:

If someone gave you $1000(USD) or the equivalent, on the condition that you spent it all on your model RR, what would you buy with it?

Sounds intriguing doesn't it??????
  2. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

An HO brass Matt Shay Erie 4-8-8-8-4 Triplex and an HO brass PFM/United Mich/Cal #2 Shay...:thumb:
  3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

I'd have to force myself to buy the G scale Hudson :) :) that would take about all the 1000.00 :) :)
  4. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

Right now at this very moment, I'd probably build an engine roster of On30 Bachmanns (couple Shays, a 2-6-0, maybe a Porter (not my fav)), and a big ole string of disconnects.

Or less trains and more ... benchwork! :)

Yeah, starting from scratch, the possibilities are endless.
  5. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Well, I would finish getting my HO scale layout supplies: Buildings, scenery, track, rail cars and a couple of engines.:D :D

Then I would buy as much as I could for my N Scale layout to get started.:thumb: :thumb:
  6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Geeze, how generous of someone. :D In N scale, spending the whole $1000 on one engine would mean it was solid gold, not brass. :rolleyes: Nope, I think I'd spend it all on my layout. For one thing, I think I'd replace all my Atlas turnouts and track with code 55 and tortise switches. Yeah, I'd be willing to tear out all my trackwork to do this.:wave: What money that would be left would go into buying a couple of those $100+ structure kits, including a cityscape background kit.:thumb: :thumb:
  7. Rusty Spike

Rusty Spike Member

Can I pay off the $1000 I already spent and put on the credit card?
  8. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

FTW!

(For The Win)
  9. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Some of the more moundane stuff - landscaping supplies, benchwork materials, some tools, airbrush and paint booth, and if there's anything left -- what Rusty said...!

Andrew
  10. santafewillie

santafewillie Member

What a tough question. Do I want some craftsman structure kits? A DCC system with someone else installing the decoders? Down payment on my planned new train building? Maybe I'll invest in a model railroad store. Of course I could always expand my freightcar and engine roster, or buy a lot of other supplies. I don't have a for sure answer yet.
  11. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

A couple of BLI's, or maybe just one BIG BOY or Y6...! Then stuff to give what's left to do on my layout a good kick in the pants...
  12. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Hmmmmm, maybe I'd buy a couple excellent quality locomotives with sound and go DCC.
    OR....I'd spend it on a good block signal system and some working blinking cross guards....
  13. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

A ZW and some standard gauge.

I always wanted and yet do a Blue Comet but it would take more than a grand for that.

Good question.
  14. wickman

wickman Member

I'd have to by more elctronics gagetry's and more rolling stock ...definately some good quality rolling stock.I need a wack of LED's and a couple more Hares.
  15. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Have you seen the current construction status of my layout? $1,000 buckaroos would come in real handy right now! Lessee.... I need a digitrax DCC system and... oh yeah, one of them Precision Craft sound equipped DCC 448 ALCO AT&SF PA2/PB2 set, Warbonnet, 59L/59A, Power A with LokSound/DC/DCC, Dummy B, N. Track and switches would be good also. Are you listening Santa?

Attached Files:

16. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

i would have to get ANY UP engine that i could from Overland Models:thumb: . :D -Deano
  17. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Alot of nice dreams we all have.
    So why wait for someone to give you the money.
    Think about where the last $1000 you spent on your RR came from and start saving for your dream.
    Make your own dreams come true.
    I would buy a bunch of roundtoits to finish all the projects I have going.
  18. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

That's a great comment! :) :)

When someone asks if I'd like a million dollars (Lottery) I always say - -I had a million, I spent it - -I'm working on spending the second million now :D :D :D :D
  19. wickman

wickman Member

yep bin there doig that :wave:
  20. jasbourre

jasbourre Member

Thats funny, I just won $500.00, 2 weeks ago, I went directly to my LHS and purchased 2 loco's and a bunch on scrach building material, with about $40.00 bucks to spare.