Weathering Powders

Conrail

Jul 23, 2005
I know there are several available. Any suggestions and possibly a link to where to buy would be great. Thank you for your time.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
I just scrape the sides of pastel chalks to get what I need. Placed in a water color pallete and then applied with a stiff bristle brush, I seal it with Krylon Matte Finish.

Attachments

• bob3a1.JPG
    bob3a1.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 44

zedob

Dec 26, 2004
Chicopee, MA
I remember using cigarette ashes. Seriously, I read it in an article years ago and tried it. They actually worked well.

But...I wouldn't suggest taking up smoking to weather your models. It's too costly and is a health risk.:(

Conrail

Jul 23, 2005
zedob said:
I remember using cigarette ashes. Seriously, I read it in an article years ago and tried it. They actually worked well.

But...I wouldn't suggest taking up smoking to weather your models. It's too costly and is a health risk.:(

:D That was funny. Ive been searching around and I think I will be using an assortment of items. I will try some of the AIM Products powders, some of the Reeves Gouche watercolors, and a splash of Rustall. It seems from the pictures I have viewed that each of the items add there own special touch and combining the watercolors with the powders gives you almost unlimited options. We shall see.