We worked our tails off today

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
And moved our lay out into our LHS Pickering Hobbys.
Diane has given us the space , so we built a rack and moved it in tonight pheeewwwww, .Beer and a shower in that order.
The Traction in Action has a new home.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Fancy ,,,, Modeling our show lay out in a Hobby shop,,,, we wont run short of anything now.:)

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
In the retail business, we call that a "loss leader item"--something that costs us a little to get you in the store but we put it in the back to lead you thru the isles past all that stuff you know you just gotta have. I can just hear all that well placed traction brass just calling out their siren song to you even now...:p

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
That sounds great Chris!

I've always thought having a layoput ion a hobby shop was a good thing for everyone...it's good for the shop, because it gets people inspired to try their hand at modeling...it's good for the modelers, who get to "show their stuff"...& it's good for the customer (especially the newbies) who get to see exactly what can be done with all those items sitting on the shelves!

You lucky dogs, you!:D :cool: :cool: :D

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi Guys, Pickering Hobby shop is on HWY 2 just west of whites road, Paul, you said you are moving to Birchcliff is that off Lawrence ave??
Hi Robin store hours are 10 am to 6 pm Thur till 8 pm Fri till 9pm.
We will be in the back room (modeling den:D ) most Thursdays. and in winter we will go for Friday.
But we can work on the L/O anytime we want within the shop open hours.
Diane, (great Lady) has asked us to run it in the shop at Christmas:D
I will post a pic or three:D of the area.
Fortunatly I have have been using the store since 1983, and they have just relocated to a bigger store, so It already feels like home.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
That is soooo coool! You guys must be in modelling heaven! Now, remember I said I would like to help out. How about, seeing as how there is a certain distance factor involved, that I just make a building for the layout? I'm thinking a kit here. What do you say Chris?

cheers
:D Val