We subminiature modelers must post more!!

Since fifer posted his (also our) concern that posts seems to have dropped off in this forum, I've been anxiously awaiting delivery of my new digi cam. I'm getting the hang of it (slowly) and had a session with it tonight tonight.

This new Fuji S5000 is a pain to figure out the permutations of button pushing :confused: .

Here's two or three pics of bits of my layout:-

1st .... Tyson's "fix it while you wait garage".

Attachments

• image0003 1.jpg
    image0003 1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 286
Devinately NOT the house on the prairie!!

This is the only way for folks around here to get North (or South) as the layout main line is at low level running East & West.

Attachments

• image0006 1.jpg
    image0006 1.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 279
Ahh, those lovely mountains.

Pitty though that those mountains are full of mines. Also a pity that they are just a painted backdrop (a Walthers product).

Well folks, that's all for now. I think four photos is enough for one day!:)

Errol

Attachments

• image0005 1.jpg
    image0005 1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 276

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
The new camera works well friend and you are a good photographer to boot Errol
Fantastic mini-scenes.
Yup , we should all be posting more!

rksstl

Looks lile you figured the camera out. Nice shots:wave: . Another weekend of rain around here and I might be able to get some senery down and post some pics.

belg

Errol I truly enjoyed your fine work especially now that I can see it clearly (as the song says). The new camera is definately worth the money. One question do you remember the name of the font you used to make Tyson's sign? Thanks Pat

fifer

Thanks for sharing the pictures , they are all great!!
Keep them coming.
I would be posting some if everyone hadn't already seen my progress.
Mike

nalmeida

Fabulous!

Absolutely fantastic work and pictures, they seem full of life and colourfull, just the way I like. Please post more

Great pictures and beautiful modeling. I'm very guilty
about posting more and I sure need a camera. I just
don't know what to by as theres so darn many ones out
there. Just starting out I would like to fine one thats simple
to post pictures with as I know nothing about how to do it.

Any ideas? Ron: :confused:

jon-monon

Ron - there are a good handful that are really good for modeling + gen photography. I recommned one with a 10 X optical zoom, if you want to use it for other than model RR photo's and a good macro capability for modeling. Fuji, Cannon, Nikon, Minolta, HP, Olympus and others all offer this capability. I'm using a Minolta Z1, the Z2 is even better at 4 megapix, and both are very easy to learn. I think they are easier to use than other ones I was able to look at. The Z1 is also known for speed, so it behaves more like a conventional camera (no time lag when you push the button). Walmart is a good place to look them over if they have what you want, and you can read reviews on any/many of them here:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html

On macro, you want to get as close as you can, so closer is better.

I cheat a lot! ... hehehehe

Thanks for your generous comments fellahs, but I have to admit that what you see in this thread is a sort of Hollywood set!
Yes, the layout is mine and it's N gauge but these are scenes from the only angles that make it look like a reasonably modelled layout.
If I posted an over view of the whole thing you would see what a mess I made for mysrelf. It's unfinished in so many respects and so full of "how NOT to build a layout" that I get depressed just looking at it.

belge, dear fellow, the font I used for Tyson's garage is "Loki Cola".

Now then, for the massochists amongst you who asked for more pictures ..... hmmmmm, OK, here goes:-

This one is the warehouse waiting for the mid-day local to bring work to liven up this otherwise lazy day.

Errol

Attachments

• 26-04-04 6.jpg
    26-04-04 6.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 91
Nascar has a lot of fans!

Sunday !!!!
NASCAR meeting is 3 miles away. Can't even get an ice cream on main street today! :cry:

Errol

Attachments

• 26-04-04 4.jpg
    26-04-04 4.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 92
Choosing a camera?

Ron, that's sound advice that Jon has given here.

Also look at what Shamus has to say about an alternative to "getting in close". With 3 mega pixels or more resolution you can afford to stay back from the subject an just crop the bit you want to post.

You can also see the results from other's cameras in Shamus's post of "Just Curious, what camera do you use?". There's nothing like seeing actual pictures taken on particular cameras (advertising should be taken with a tiny pinch of salt!).

You will need a mains power pack for the digital camera for model photography as the small LCD display will suck a lot of juice out of internal batteries!

One important point in choosing a camera, Optical zoom is a lot more important than digital zoom!!!!
Hope this helps.

Errol