Wc/cn

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Kevinkrey, May 26, 2007.

1. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

I am a huge DM&IR fan and T hate the new CN paint scheme. I live in saint paul MN and recently saw a grey CN loco with WC sublettering below the window. Is this on all ex WC locos?
  2. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I hope not! :)

Welcome, by the way!
    Ralph
  3. CRed

CRed Member

I am a huge DM&IR fan also and don't like that they're re-painting the great Maroon/Gold scheme to their CN scheme with DMIR lettering on the cab.I like the CN on it's own merit,but I wish they had left the DM&IR alone.

Here's a link that you might find interesting...

DMIR Diesel Locomotives

Chris
  4. CRed

CRed Member

Oh one other thought.The other day I saw a CN AC4400 on the ore docks which is really strange to see because since I was little and looked up at them I have been used to seeing SD38-2's and SD40-3's in DM&IR livery on them.Ah well,all good things must come to an end I guess.

Chris
  5. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

I am only 15 and living in saint paul. My parents are not train fans so i never got to go and acctually see the missabe trains other than trips to duluth and two harbors which bums me out. Are you a member of the MRHS?
  6. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

The gray locos are, I believe ex-Alsthom. Most of the WC-painted fleet has been retired, since it was mostly EMD 45-series. Some SW1500s, at least, have been rebuilt and painted into CN colors: RailPictures.Net Photo ยป Wisconsin Central EMD SW1500
  7. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Kevin,
    Your post made me a more attentive rail watcher locally. Coincidentally I saw one of those grey locos today near the small yard in New Brighton. Its the first I've seen. I have missed the attractive maroon WC locos. Mostly I see CN locos in the black, white, and red scheme.
    Ralph