Water

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you ever used varnish to use as water? I used Woodland Senics EZ water in the past but it cracked and pulled away after about six months. I routed out my lake three sixteen of an inch deep with a few spots a little deeper. I have it all painted and ready to pour. I built a test lake and used varnish and it came out great. Would you pour it all at once or a little at a time over several days? Any input would be appreciated.

:rolleyes: Ron

billk

Jun 12, 2001
Marion, IA, USA
Varnish is commonly used, by Shamus for one, and his looks great. I wouldn't worry about varying the depth - just use a gradual change in shading of the surface you're putting the varnish on. If you want it very thick, you have to use layers, or you could have problems getting the varnish to set up and you might end up with air bubbles,

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Billk,

I figured it should be poured a little at a time but thought I would ask before going a head. I''ll start tonight and let you know how it comes out. Thanks for your input.
Ron

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
When I created the shipping port on my layout I painted the surface the colour I wanted then put three thin coats of varnish on. It is very reflective and turned out just the way I wanted.
eba00157592f00000013.jpg