Water Falls

UPJunkie

Aug 8, 2003
Nixa,Mo
www.geocities.com
i am going to attempt to put a water fall on my layout, and i need some help with it. Does anyone know of a site or just have some pics of their layout or someone else's layout. i saw one in the Model Railroader and can't remember witch one it is in

Thanks for all the help you guys give to all of us two :thumb: :thumb: up

petey

May 17, 2004
Try searching on various site by inserting waterfalls. One of the ways to do this is with artist's gels.

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:wave: Hi UP, go to the Woodland Scenics web site they have information on what I think you want, I use their Water Effects and I think it works great and is simple, as for rocks it is what everkind you want to model. For instance I model limestone and some granite as that is what is in my area. Let me know how it goes. :thumb: Jim

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Here's one I made at the end of a canal that spills into a river. I followed an MR article (sorry don't have it anymore or know which issue) that used fishline to create the texture of the waterfall. I cut a piece of plexiglass to size, wrapped transparent fishline tightly around it and glued the ends to the glass. Then I glued the assembly in place in the scenary. I had painted the area behind the falls black. After installation I poured acrcrylic glss medium on the canal and pulled it down over the falls. It took several coats to make it look "wet". Then I added a little cotton at the bottom to simulate churning water and dribbled more gloss on that.
Ralph

Attachments

• waterfall.jpg
    waterfall.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 136

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:wave: Hi UP, here's a small one I am working on using the WS Water Effects. No fuss, nothing extra. Just do it the way you want. I like this stuff it is very easy to use.
aen.jpg