Water Falls

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by UPJunkie, Sep 5, 2004.

1. UPJunkie

UPJunkie Member

i am going to attempt to put a water fall on my layout, and i need some help with it. Does anyone know of a site or just have some pics of their layout or someone else's layout. i saw one in the Model Railroader and can't remember witch one it is in

Thanks for all the help you guys give to all of us two :thumb: :thumb: up
  2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Man there have been a bunch of waterfalls in MR, can you narrow down what you are looking for any?
  3. petey

petey Member

Try searching on various site by inserting waterfalls. One of the ways to do this is with artist's gels.
  4. UPJunkie

UPJunkie Member

i just need to know what all i need to do to make the waterfall (step-by-step). On the pics, I was going to see what kind of rock will look good behind the water :confused:
  5. UPJunkie

UPJunkie Member

this is in Ho Scale and the water fall will have a 7 inch drop to it
  6. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:wave: Hi UP, go to the Woodland Scenics web site they have information on what I think you want, I use their Water Effects and I think it works great and is simple, as for rocks it is what everkind you want to model. For instance I model limestone and some granite as that is what is in my area. Let me know how it goes. :thumb: Jim
  7. UPJunkie

UPJunkie Member

jmarksbery do you have a pic or two of your water fall i just need an idea of what i got to look forword to
  8. trainsteve2435

trainsteve2435 Member

hey UPJunkie, heres a picture i hope you can use, its not the best quality, but it gives you an idea.:wave:

Attached Files:

9. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Here's one I made at the end of a canal that spills into a river. I followed an MR article (sorry don't have it anymore or know which issue) that used fishline to create the texture of the waterfall. I cut a piece of plexiglass to size, wrapped transparent fishline tightly around it and glued the ends to the glass. Then I glued the assembly in place in the scenary. I had painted the area behind the falls black. After installation I poured acrcrylic glss medium on the canal and pulled it down over the falls. It took several coats to make it look "wet". Then I added a little cotton at the bottom to simulate churning water and dribbled more gloss on that.
    Ralph

Attached Files:

10. UPJunkie

UPJunkie Member

this will work perfect guys thanks for all the help :thumb: After i get done i will have pics to show off
  11. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

:wave: Hi UP, here's a small one I am working on using the WS Water Effects. No fuss, nothing extra. Just do it the way you want. I like this stuff it is very easy to use.
    [​IMG]