Water effects

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Just about completed with the first 4' module. This is the module with the canyon and waterfall. The other four footer is the town of Grizzly Summit, lots of stuff to do there. Know I will never make the Oct 13th show deadline.

Attachments

• mvc-014s.jpg
    mvc-014s.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 200

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
I used "woodland Scenics" water effects. Stuff was great, stays where you put it and dries nice and clear. It was too clear, so to create a water fall I used some fiber optic strands burried in the water effects. The foam or spray I created with some white filter floss that I use in my aquarium filters.

Attachments

• mvc-009s.jpg
    mvc-009s.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 199

WM-N-fan

Jan 27, 2002
Hagerstown Md.
A nice detail, Bill would be a roadside cross. You could make one out of and old tie, paint it, and glue bits of multi-colored lichen on it. I put one on a tree near a railroad underpass. Anyways, nice work!

Lighthorseman

Jul 24, 2002
Out in the sticks
Visit site
Very Nicely Done!

That's a REALLY nice job! I like the (albeit) small touch of the safety railings...sometimes just little details that make everything even more realistic are forgotten. Not so here.

If I were driving by, that's a spot where I'd love to pull over and have lunch.:)

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Super modelling

Bill, I'll tell you how good your model is! ... It's a dead ringer for the million dollar highway just south of Ourey Colorado!! I know coz I've been there! The waterfall, the scale of the rocks, the bent railings the tiny stopping places..... you captured it all :cool:

Unlike the D&RGW you had the muscle to build a RR there!:D
I love your model as much as I love that area.... Well done Bill.

Errol

Bill Pontin

Oct 14, 2001
Milford, CT
Visit site
Thanks fellows for all the kind words and complements. It is hard to get a picture of the entire module, even though it is only 4' x 2'. Maybe an overhead shot might show it more clearly. I am awaiting some "Z" scale hiking figures. I plan to put them down into the gorge for forced perspective and then, this module is done.

Attachments

• mvc-002s.jpg
    mvc-002s.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 134
J

jmarksbery

Hi Bill

I couldn't see down in the gorge so I asked the drivers to turn on their headlights! Yeah, that's me be side the car.
(sorry to mess up your picture)

Attachments

• headlights.jpg
    headlights.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 131