Watcha Planning now?????

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
I think it's time for another one of those threads.................

In the Northern Hemisphere - Summer's a comin'
In the Southern, Winter's a startin'

As of June 21, 2007 The Summer (Northern) and Winter (Southern) Solstice ushers in another few months of extreme weather....

So, What are you planning on doing for the next 4 months?????

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Well let's see, Nice Weather means I will be outside alot more enjoying it. Ever since the last snow storm we got hit with the weather has turned for the better. So over these past couple of weeks I have been outside more than inside. I just came back inside to check a few things and then i am heading back out again. LOL. Maybe I take some of my trains outside and do a little modeling with them and take pictures.:mrgreen:

Have A Good Day Everyone

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Well for me it means spending a lot more time indoors. Yeah, yesterday it got up to 103 and it's suppose to get to 105 or better by this weekend. Yep, we're looking to be pushing the 110 mark shortly. :twisted: One doesn't spend too much time in the sun when it gets that hot.:eek:ops: I'm hoping that this gives me the time to build my display cases for my rolling stock and engines like I want to. It'll also be a better time to work on my layout a bit more since the A/C is usually cranked up 24/7 and my layout is indoors..:mrgreen:

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
House things - renos, garden chores, etc.

Railroad things - staying in the cool basement when it is too hot out, but no new plans - plenty of old ones yet to complete...! ;) :D

Andrew

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Do do list for Summer 2007:

1. Find and make an engine shed ( I think I've found a good one, need to investigate further)
2. Make preperations to begin actual layout construction

I really don't think items 3 and so forth need any explination to you guys ;)

beamish

HO & Steam Engineer
Jan 11, 2007
Saskatoon,SK,Canada
My plans involve laying track and basic scenery. Also might build up a few buildings.

The non rail road plans include building a garden shed / motorcycle garage, and helping my cousin get ready for his wedding in which I am the best man.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
  1. BUILD MY LAYOUT!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i am finally gettin ready to actually start buildin my layout,the room is getting cleaned out and redone first.then ill start benchwork!!!!! i plan to start within a few months if all go wells...YEAH!!!--josh

rogerw

Jun 16, 2006
manhattan ks
Work out doors on yard and stuff like that until it get hot then stay in doors and start laying track. Oh ya go on my train trip in 4 days:)

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
Finish the trackwork, complete the majority of my structures, and get some scenery started.

I'm looking foraward to seeing the progress that each of you make.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
In the general items catagory, mow the lawn (over one acre), do the usual plant tending. Take my wife to her Dr's. appointments.

Trainwise, the museum opens for the summer in two weeks and we have to have the layout operational for the next four months. I have to replace a double track bridge that I took out to do scenery work and then we will be on call to correct derailments or any vandalism. Vandalism is a new factor that just cropped up late last summer. Hopefully it will not be a repeat thing.

I'd like to say that I'm going fishing too but that ain't gonna happen. Oh yeah, just remembered, theres work to do on the sailboat.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
My wife has plans for back yard landscaping that will involve me cutting out a lot of brush and a few small trees. I used to like the wild look back there but after 13 years of her prodding have finally relented. :) We plan to take a trip to Chicago this summer and my wife will be attending a Librarian conference in New Orleans. Next year's conference is in Portland and I'm flirting with the idea of meeting her there vai the Empire Builder.

We'll do some canoeing and a little camping this year. I expect to do some scenary improvemsnt on the layout.

Ralph