warhammer Leman Russ

Z

Zathros

I am most impressed with your texture abilities. I don't have that artistic ability, at lest, I have not l really tried. I don't even know where to begin. You could write a nice tutorial for the "dullards' such as myself. That would be a dream come true!! :)

wlock

quick update on the turret and the front autocannon, modeling is done.
the parts are very small on the autocannon, not sure if I should cut on the detail....

also doing a pdf with the instructions on how to change the textures, I use Photoshop but should be compatible with Gimp as well

Attachments

• turretupdate.jpg
    turretupdate.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 55
  • turretupdate2.jpg
    turretupdate2.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 49
Z

Zathros

Wlock, I am getting tired of trying to find this thread so I am making it a "Sticky" in the WarHammer Section. I think that will help others find it also. :)

mmorris0987

:thumb: This looks amazing! I'm brand spankin new to papercraft and have started Patoroch's Land Raider as my first model. It looks decent, but being short on supplies, I used the box material that the Warhammer 40K models come in from Games Workshop. It is a bit thick, but good practice material. I'll be starting an Imperial Guard army this week, mainly due to this thread and the vast variety of IG paper models available in this forum. I have always been a heavy converter of the GW models to put a nice customization to my armies, so papercraft seems like a good fit for my brain.

I know most posts I see use 110lbs paper, is this the norm for your models as well? Any suggestions where I can find the different weights of stock? I'm in the US in Ohio if that's any better.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to working on your models! Can't wait to get my hands on your Land Raider model!

Famous Dave

Wow!! What an awesome job you are doing. Keep up the fabulous design work. I really appreciate your generosity and willingness to share with us.

Thank you,
Dave

wlock

thank you all for the nice comments.
the paper I use to keep these models solid is 250gs/m2, that's card stock. often I part have to be reinforced with 1mm cardstock, those have a small comment next to them on the file.

I would love to see some pictures of anyone doing my models, if anyone tries, please post them here.
I haven't given up on finishing the turret variants, at least a few of them