warhammer Leman Russ

snark1950

hardcore hobbiest in general can be pretty anal thats one reason I dont as a rule enter model contests. I did run Gameing tourniments in the 1980s and i did see ppl argueing over sillier things than that

iBib

Neophyte
It's seems like an opportunity to turn people on to a new hobby. If I did these things I'd print out some tanks just to give them away and have a sheet with a few websites addresses were they could get their own,...................go tell them to piss of! :)

That's a great idea actually, I might try it! (sans telling people off) ;)

wlock

Finished fixing the issues with the textures on the model and redone all the papekura part from scratch. So the Leman russ chassis is ready to be released.

the model has white textures but like the land raider, those can be changed.
I added an example here with a basic green camo.

Still working on the turret but the chassis is getting uploaded in the next hour or so.
also a screenshot of the turret with an update on the textures :wave:

Attachments

• lemanrussgreencamo.zip
    372.2 KB · Views: 72
  • leman-russ-greencamo.jpg
    leman-russ-greencamo.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 58
  • wip_turret.jpg
    wip_turret.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 36
Z

Zathros

These would be a great addition to the "Downloads" section? Would you consider uploading them, I could do it for you? :)

Z

Zathros

Approved! Have you uploaded your other models? I'm sorry if I'm behind the curve on this. I read the threads and just am in awe of what your knocking out, for some reason I went blank on this. Sorry!:eek:ops:

wlock

You approved the Land raider and now the Leman russ.
I'm doing the weapon packs for those models but they are not ready yet.

the third model I did is the Saajuk from Homeworld2, that one was uploaded a loong time ago.
i'm gathering in a zip file the white textures still today and then put them here so everybody can start playing with them. This latest release has a lot of improvements on the overall quality of the textures, they were not too good when i started and some antialiasing still shows in some parts, but i'm happy with them.

Z

Zathros

Great, keep me in the loop and please feel free to "nudge" me if you upload a model and want it approved. It actually helps me a lot and I can keep on top of things that way. :)

Tirick

Awesome, thank you!

Any chance of getting a plain no-color texture set? Easier to modify from that rather than the green camo.

Thank you,
Tirick

wlock

I have the white rusty version, easy to modify but not plain white.

the plain white version is done for the track modules but i have to clean
up the central module before uploading

Will this one do in the meantime?

to modify the colors, if you have photoshop or Gimp, just paint over the texture with the option "multiply" as compositing method on your brush
with the color you want, this will preserve the textures but will change the
base color

Attachments

• lemanruss_white_rusty.zip
    391 KB · Views: 91
  • leman-russ-rusty.jpg
    leman-russ-rusty.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 53
Z

Zathros

You could start a thread and call it "wlock's Warhammer40K models" or something else, and put all your build pics in it. Take a look at what ARMORMAN has done. :)

Tirick

I have the white rusty version, easy to modify but not plain white.

the plain white version is done for the track modules but i have to clean
up the central module before uploading

Will this one do in the meantime?

to modify the colors, if you have photoshop or Gimp, just paint over the texture with the option "multiply" as compositing method on your brush
with the color you want, this will preserve the textures but will change the
base color

;) that is really what I meant: your awesome detailing/rust version. Plain white would be much less interesting.

Brilliant, thank you! I have a bit of work ahead of me, as I want to make a city camo schema to match my IG Chimera's (hand painted).

Thanks again!
Tirick

wlock

You are welcome.

here is the desert camo. This model is 90% just texture so that the building part is easy to do even for poor and slow builders like me :)

found a few reference pictures in Tanks and It should not be hard to reproduce the effects i see in the pictures

I didnt consider creating a tread for these models because it seems easier to me to have it all in one place, so a tread per model. I am hope that someone else that is building these will eventually start one for himself

i am testing the build and found a few difficulties with the central module, so eventually i'll update the PDO, it's just a few flaps that need to move.

Attachments

• leman russ desert camo.zip
    437.7 KB · Views: 56
  • desert.jpg
    desert.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 102
  • desert2.jpg
    desert2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 39
Z

Zathros

The idea is you announce the models in a thread, and any builds you may want to do. This was why a separate WarHammer40K subsection was started so models would not be lost and designers could put their designs in design threads with links to the Download Section, it's exact location. People would read though a thread and see all of your work in one place. Anyone building a model of any of your models must start their own thread on it. No one can start a build thread in someone elses. This would be your area, you could have a mini "wlock subsection" .

If someone is doing a search for your models, they will find them quicker. We prefer that models be uploaded rather than left in each thread as many times the "Search" function won't find them. They will come up on the search from Google too as the thread will always be fresh, instead of getting buried. It will also give you a autonomous are in the forum, all yours. :)

wlock

I see what you mean, but i never post the model on the tread, the textures are placed here because they are only jpeg and i can show the model as a preview.

I'll drive you crazy with approvals if the textures go on the download section since i plan on doing plenty. Regarding a tread like Armorman, it does make sense to have it all there since he has dozens of models with external links, I only have a couple and I invest so much time on each that don't think it's worth grouping them.

I also like the idea that the tread is about one specific model and not a group

However you are the moderator, I'll do it the way you see fit. Let me know what you think.

PS: no updates for a few days...no internet where I am going

Z

Zathros

You can do a thread per model if you wish. No problem whatsoever! It was just a suggestion. I have no problem approving your uploads either. I think it will make it easier for people to see your work, as if the select the option, they will see your work grouped all together. So upload all you wish and please, post them the way you wish most comfortable too. Thanks! :)

wlock

thanks zathros, i would like to keep posting this way if that's ok.
Sorry for the lack of updates but I got a new job and things went crazy

I did managed to do a few textures, I hope these will inspire others and help show what you can do with the basic ones and a bit of photoshoping :)

This weekend, hopefully, I'll manage to work a bit more on the Russ

Attachments

• urban1.jpg
    urban1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 38
  • urban2.jpg
    urban2.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 37
  • camo1.jpg
    camo1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 28
  • camo2.jpg
    camo2.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 46
  • inquisition1.jpg
    inquisition1.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 30
  • inquisition2.jpg
    inquisition2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 36

wlock

and the zip files with the textures

Attachments

• camo.zip
    437.6 KB · Views: 52
  • inquisition.zip
    466.7 KB · Views: 51
  • urban.zip
    463.4 KB · Views: 64

Tirick

Those look incredible! Thank you for sharing. That grey/blue on the urban is perfect, all I have to do is add unit markings to match my 'Guard.

Thank you for sharing these!
Sean