warhammer Land Rider

Tirick

Oct 5, 2009
Ontario, CA
tcfgaming.com
Finally completed the reprinted version; I was uber-careful on the lamination curing, which added a few days, but all in all between the cutting and the gluing this was maybe around 6-8 hours work; certainly less that assembling and painting the plastic GW version (and about $60 cheaper!). My DA Green is not as bright as the actual, and is closer to Catachan green, but the bone white is a near match.

Thank you very much wlock, this was a pleasure to build! The structure of the parts is simple enough to be built easily, and the detail on the textures excellent enough to add lamination detail if desired. As you can see from the pics, it builds a near-replica of the original. If someone was ambitious, you could even model an interior, with opening doors.

I have few more lamination details to add, and edging, but essentially it is finished. I'm losing my workspace for a month or so, but afterwards I may tackle weapon pods (if wlock does not do so first, of course).

100_2929.jpg

100_2930.jpg

100_2931.jpg

100_2932.jpg

100_2934.jpg

100_2935.jpg

Thank you!
Tirick

Kjev

Dec 15, 2006
South Eastern Idaho
WOW.

That is just really nice work! One day when I get caught up, I'd like to make my own.

Have you considered coloring the inside of the smokestacks with a marker?

Tirick

Oct 5, 2009
Ontario, CA
tcfgaming.com
That I don't know. I may make a selection of weapons, and mount using magnets. I still have to scratchbuild some sponsons. I have been distracted with other designs and builds of late.

This was a very fun model to build, easy to put together, and rivals the original for detail. The ability to pre-texture to whatever chapter/markings you want means I am unlikely to get another plastic one, for certain.

Tirick

aleks

Jul 28, 2011
Italy
hi everyone

I feel a little "lost and lonesome"... I look at all those great pictures in your thread, and I really want to build one ( ore more) of your beautiful creatures,but I can't find the right download.
Where I can find it? Please!!!

aleks

Jul 28, 2011
Italy
OK, It's the right tank!
Now, start building!!!

T(h)anks al lot to both of you, Wlock and Armorman !!!

Weasel-Fierce

Nov 10, 2011
Awesome work! If only I'd found this before spending all that time and money on 2 LRs for my Deathwing army (painting all that White was such a pain!). I was wondering, does the card stock model take the plastic weapons OK? Seems to me if you attached some weapons it'd be indistinguishable from the original (great for tournaments!).

wlock

Aug 22, 2007
Geneva
I added the model to the download section again, it should be available soon.
I would also like to add an image to the download but I get an error when I try.

Happy building

Sanginus

Mar 8, 2011
Germany near Hamburg
Bloodangels

Hi all, here my build of this great landraider model !

Of course with the Blood Angel texture :wave:

additionally i have a razorback turrent, used for the front-protected.

for the side pods, I still consider myself the proper armament.

Attachments

• Raider 001.jpg
    Raider 001.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 17
  • Raider 002.jpg
    Raider 002.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 13
  • Raider 003.jpg
    Raider 003.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 17

wlock

Aug 22, 2007
Geneva
really nice, however you need to lower the central module quite a bit.

also, if you need weapons, i think that those from patoroch fit the model
and are quite good looking.
I'm building my own but it's taking forever

thanks for the pictures

Sanginus

Mar 8, 2011
Germany near Hamburg
thank you both, so that the center module unfortunately I noticed a little late. wall1 (next time)
But for my first Land Raider, think it succeeded very well. :twisted:

Above all, I find the texture real great, thanks for it

Harkonnen24

Jan 27, 2011
Well if the model was uploaded to the site, I don't see it in the warhammer download section and since search doesn't work I can't find it if it was placed elsewhere.

Would be great if you had .pdf files with all the different textures you have made.