Warhammer 40k JetBike / Ing. Spendlik/ scale around 1:16

Beork

Apr 16, 2009
Cool model, looks a bit better than the ravenwing version, might be because it's less cluttered and all.

glabbott

Nov 4, 2008
Details

I am super amazed at the amount of detail you can work into the model. Any suggestions on how to improve as when I try I tend to get glue everywhere. :D

Wojtee

Jun 8, 2008
Prague, CZ
I am doing some beta testing for Ing. Spendlik, so I might post something from my test build :)

From cutting frames (lasers are for wimps ;)):

(May 2010)

Building the base:

Base taking shape & detailing:

And more detailing:

And putting it all together:

(June 2010)

Basic home made airbrush studio:

And recently, the jets:

(Oct. 2010)

Being beta tester for Ing. Spendlik is a joy. You are building in fact a complete, very nearly flawless model (or it seems so, so far) :)

Ing. Spendlik

Mar 18, 2009
www.spendlikpapermodels.com
I have finally completed second and third wing. Model is gaining on its size. The red&white cube has 5cmx5cmx5cm. Model is on 70% completed but the biggest and the most problematic part is in front of me. There will be really hot winter for me...

Ing. Spendlik

Mar 18, 2009
www.spendlikpapermodels.com
Okey - after three or four months I am back to my hobby. After few hours of work I have finished the main shield and eagle on it. 3D model of whole JetBike is on 99% completed.

orlica04.png

Wojtee

Jun 8, 2008
Prague, CZ
This is wicked to glue, too. A few pics to prove that:

Inside formers and outer skin:

Outer skin and inner skin, including some tinies:

Completed, more or less:

Not exactly what it should look like.

Ugh. Not a good try, this one. wall1 When I looked at how it should look like (bent here, curved there...) I will try again.
But I can´t wait to try the birdy-thingy on the front :mrgreen:

glabbott

Nov 4, 2008
Me likie...I cant wait for it to be, I hope, released so I can have a nice center piece model to show off with :D

Z

Zathros

Man that's awesome. I wish I could make a fairing lower for my Suzuki that looked like that!

Wojtee

Jun 8, 2008
Prague, CZ
Aww right. Front shield, retried. Better, I can say :) Much more similar to how it should be.
I added a former for the lower part, as well as all the formers are more precise... It really helps :)

(the better one is on the left ;))

Inside structure of the wings. Nice, holds the shape well. No problem here :)

"Birdy thingy". All right, I regret calling him that. This eagle is really cool. The upper parts of the wings were pretty hard to get right, but I managed, somehow :) Last photo is how it should fit on the shield.

Less and less parts remaining. I start to worry about how I will finally paint it. I missed the chance to leave it as a white model (I like white models, actually), so I will have to cope somehow...

Wojtee

Jun 8, 2008
Prague, CZ
It is time to start finishing :)

Watch out! He´s got a brush and watercolors and is not afraid to use it!

Plasma Cannon (I do not like the color too much and will do something about it...):

Rear part with the jets:

Finished front shield:

Best of all is putting all of this together:

The Bird is in place:

Both exhausts, I rather like how these came out:

Wings and steering, both needs some finihing touches:

And twin linked heavy bolters (I think, at least), fresh from the armory :))

A question for the WH4k heads here: What is this thing next to the steering? It will go behind the plasma cannon, aiming at the ground. I can´t quite figure this out...

:confused: