warhammer 40k Armoured Train

Mortarion

I have always had a fascination with armoured trains and bringing them to the 40k universe isnt all that hard, so I started a project making an armoured train for the Imperial forces, the pics of my first attempt are attached.

Its all made from card and basic junk it has it drawbacks as a model.

Although its ok, its not quite wide enough and does not look heavy enough, so I am working on a new version, I will post more pics of the new version soon. I am also planning a full blog on the subject too if there would be anyone interested, although I do enjoy talking to myself.

Anyone have any ideas that can be added to the design or weapons that one would find on the armoured train?

Attachments

• train.jpg
    train.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 158
  • train (2).jpg
    train (2).jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 108

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
I'd mount a Leman Russ Turret on a car and a set of whirlwind missiles. Also adding a land raider style side turrets would be cool.

Mortarion

The engine is based on the one off of ghosts of mars. I think the whirlwind could look good mounted on it. I have the new Locamotove engine almost done for the new train, I will kepp you informed

Mortarion

here are some pics of the locomotive so far. All made of card.

Attachments

• 2010_0317turbil0023.jpg
    2010_0317turbil0023.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 71
  • 2010_0317turbil0024.jpg
    2010_0317turbil0024.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 47

Tirick

That is brilliant! Very good for nearly any terrain project, and potentially great for reinforcements or objectives.

If you download my LandRaider add ons you can have parts for various weapons I made to turn the Land Raider into a Razorback/Damocles etc. They are all in self-contained turret forms that you could just glue onto your train.

Another possibiliy is to download hte Dreadnought and use the weapon options available for the arms too.

Mortarion

The painted engine

Here is the
Fully Painted engine to the armoured train. Its mounted on its tracks with lamps on the bottom to give the model a little more detail. The train is armed with the bank of 6 Heavy bolters on each side. The Camouflage is different from what I first planned which was a blue, instead I went for a cream mix of bleached bone and codex gray with the pattern made of gray and black. Done in lines. I used this camo on a Imperial Thunderbolt fighter and quite liked it so went for this as a overall paint job for the train.

Attachments

• 2010_0323train0009.jpg
    2010_0323train0009.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 67

Mortarion

Thanks for the support, I have been working on a gun/troop car but I keep getting sidfe tracked with 2 Ork stompers, but I will keep on with it and post an update.

Again I love any ideas you can give me for this project.

Rashura

What about a wagon where two sides split open, set foot on the ground for stability and exposing a huge artillery gun?