Warhammer 40K Armour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. knightstalker527

knightstalker527 Member

wow thats a great build keep it up.

Knight
  2. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Switched ...it's actually something I am missing....I forgot to upload it!!!!!
    I will get that sorted ASAP and upload a Blood Angels version. I am a little bit Ultramarines biased....

As far as the models I have done so far go, the Baneblade is by far my favourite ... it's something I am very pleased with, and is probably the most complex card model I have built and designed. Everything from the internal bracing to the flexible track links just seemed to work right first time! Perhaps the machine spirit helped out ;)
  3. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

OK... Valkyrie mesh is all unfolded, and looking quite nice! Next job is to print and build her, fix any issues that throws up and then I can upload her.

Will post when she is all fit to go!
  4. archangel1

archangel1 Member

Likewise! After all, they are probably the most stable of the current Chapters. If it wasn't for their geneseed, most of the Second Founding Chapters wouldn't be there. I'll duck now! :mrgreen:

Keep up the good work. I'm lucky enough to have a Forge World Valkyrie but I'll bet yours will be easier to build!

Cheers,
    Mike :wave:
  5. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

6. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

That's some serious free time happening. Wow. Wow. ... wow.
  7. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Oh dear ....

that kind of sets the bar if I decide to do a Titan then.... though I probably wouldn't make the legs moveable like that in the interests of buildability!

Had a minor printer issue over the weekend which stopped the beta build of the Valkyrie .... my trusty old HP Photosmart 1000 has no drivers that work in Vista... and when I got some that worked, I got very poor print quality. It's either the print cart playing up after a few weeks of no printing ... or it's a quality issue with the hacked about driver setup. Hope it's the former... since the latter means buying a new printer wall1

Still...in the meantime, I'll just have to make do with the colour laser printer at work ... coz the boss is on holiday all week!!!
  8. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Valkyrie test build well underway.

Some parts were a little too small, and might need review... but the wings and booms have gone together nicely. Not impressed with laser printing though....no way!

The finish it gives is lovely and glossy, with beautiful colours. this is not a cheap printer... but as soon as you fold, the fused on ink cracks and crazes. The problem is, the colour has no penetration into the paper. As you fold the paper, you are 'breaking' the surface and exposing the paper fibres underneath. Inkjets will have soaked ink into the lower layers...lasers don''t. Lesson learnt there...wall1

I now need to go and buy myself a new printer if I can't get the one I have to work well with Vista....but they are not expensive nowadays. Anyone recommend a good inkjet for less than £50?
  9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Now that is some serious modeling. Got to love the articulation on that baby!
  10. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Valkyrie test build is going well, with the main fuselage and wings done. Just got the engines, landing gear and details to do, and this will be ready for release.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Next build is bothering me ... do I do the Baneblade variants, start the Chimera hulls or do something for the Space Marines?
  12. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

I'd like to put my vote in for Space Marines! The Valkyrie looks great BTW.:thumb:
  13. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Beauty Valk! And I'd like to see something fromthe Space Marines as well
  14. armorbimbo

armorbimbo Member

I vote for the Arvus Lighter:
    [​IMG]
  15. archangel1

archangel1 Member

Nah! Too wimpy! If you're going to do Space Marines, then it has to be the Thunderhawk!

Or, for Imperial Guard, the Marauder.

Attached Files:

16. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

Any chance of "all of the above?"
  17. armorbimbo

armorbimbo Member

Well if it's Thunderhawk then I'd like the vehicle transport version (or what ever it's called).
  18. archangel1

archangel1 Member

The Thunderhawk Transporter? I thought he'd rather do the easy one first!

Attached Files:

19. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

As luck would have it, I've started work on none of these .... instead, mesh work has started on a Rhino. It is the starting point for so many units, it will be something that will be required fodder for any Space Marine army. Add a huge bulldozer blade and cannon, and you have a Vindicator. Add missile launcher... etc etc. I am also considering making an interior for the rear of the vehicle so the doors will open. Don't know if that will be something of actual use or not though....​
  20. armorbimbo

armorbimbo Member

Sounds ke a good plan. Can't wait to see what you come out with. So far everything just looks awesome.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.