Warhammer 40K Armour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Newobmij

Newobmij New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I just updated the template. Going to be making a few changes before I attempt to upload it on here again. I also did the templates for the Venom and Razorwing. There's instructions for the Venom, but it's hard to find free file hosting sites that let you upload pdf formats.
  2. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE

I'd recommend 4shared.
  3. Sanginus

Sanginus Member

Wow :eek:

the Stormraven looks real awesome :thumb:
  4. ARMORMAN

5. Sanginus

Sanginus Member

thx

Hi ho, not really green, rather colorful, ;-)
    but it is a great model
    thanks for sharing
  6. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Why? This is a good forum to try stuff out on. If you (in general) upload the model here, you will have more control over it, at least, as much as anyone can. If it goes where you don't want to, you will know it was someone from this forum, not some anonymous (or I should say, "completely anonymous") person. Then again, if he just wishes to throw it to the wind, as so many other great model makers, such as yourself, ARMORMAN, I too would suggest 4shared. I trust models I download from here than from 4shared though, only because I have picked a few virus attempts from files I thought were "safe", but that was some time ago, and, of course, I still download stuff from 4shared too. Rapidshare is too much of a pain with their limits, 4shared is better. I just hope you won't preclude here.

For my own 2 cents worth, I'd suggest trying it out here with some Beta-Builders, as it is a beautiful model, then when your satisfied, do with it what you wish (which is always your own option anyways). Just a suggestion. I personally would not upload anything I spent time on to something so easily accessible, but I'm paranoid.:twisted:

@ARMORMAN, looking forward to the post you have talked to me about!!!!:thumb:
  7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

We're running into a problem here. There are too many models being posted in this thread. They are in essence going to be lost. This is because of the limits of searching. I want you guys to post new threads on each model you either make available or post. Keep "WarHammer 40K" in the title, then another name. I think it may deserve it's own subsection too, seeing how much work is being done on this. Please post concerns, but start separate posts. It's easier than looking through 60 odd pages of posts to find something!

Let everyone's work be seen and be found more easily and addressed and complimented more easily, by giving them the individual threads they so deserve.
  8. Dangersaurus

Dangersaurus New Member

While a new thread for discussion of each individual model would be great, I appreciate being able to subscribe to a single thread for announcements of this sort of thing.
  9. ARMORMAN

I tend to agree with danger as we have over 125+ different models (I know that's a low estimate) in this thread and I would rather get an email notification on one thread than 125+ notifications.
  10. Zathros

Zathros Guest

This isn't how the forum is constructed or search engines work. Authors of models are all clumped together. It is not easy to to comment on a particular authors work because the nature of the thread disallows for this. After forum maintenance, new models need to be started on their own thread. Any model posted in this thread would be more the welcome to be mentioned individually and should.

This thread is a graveyard for model awareness. I have read the whole thread and unless you were aware that a model was in there, you would not know of it's existence, as opposed to having the names of the models in the titles of the individuals threads. Participation in a forum means involvement in it, and that means checking out what's there. Someone new to this forum would have no idea what was in that thread, and beautiful models are lost in there.

So, get ready!!! :)
  11. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Wow, Thanks, You have made my point for me. 100's of models in there. You don't even know how many! You would only get 125 notifications if you subscribed to 125 threads. However, everyday you logged in, you would see a model offered, by it's author, uncluttered, be able to comment, and use the unsubscribe or do not subscribe feature, like everyone else. This thread is not the designated WarHammer posting thread, but if someone comes here to post there work, they would erroneously think so.

As I have posted, I read the whole thread today. I was completely unaware of how many models were in there, and of the "Search" function, cannot deal with that, in this, or any OTHER forum that deals with paper models. This would not be allowed to gone on in any other forum either, I am sure you would agree!

ARMORMAN, please, send me any replay you have to this in a P.M., please!
  12. Dangersaurus

Dangersaurus New Member

Not sure I agree, Zathros, sorry. Maybe others can chime in if it's open to debate...

Armorman - are you still also sending updates on Patoroch models through the BWC mailing list? If so, I'll just change my settings to get the updates from there again.
  13. Zathros

Zathros Guest

This thread is going to be TEMPORARILY closed. there will be forum maintenance tonight anyways, anything that was obtainable from this thread still is. Any new work can be posted in a new thread. When this thread's fate has been decided, it will be appropriately and properly announced. Thank You. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.