Warhammer 40K Armour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matzieq

matzieq New Member

And here's my Rhino.

[​IMG]

Definitely more difficult than the older chassis, but it's nearly identical to the plastic one. It occured to me while writing this that I could have made a photo of both of them next to each other. Maybe I'll do it tomorrow. Anyway, I am still learning so there are some rough edges and it's not exactly balanced (I mean the tracks are not exactly parallel) and there is still some work to do.

[​IMG]

And here's the detail I was talking about a few posts ago.
  2. Tirick

Tirick Member

Keeping the tracks parallel is a trick, especially with mating parts in the way. The best way (I imagine, as I've not done it successfully either) would be to use a shim of some kind. Any sort of assembly error on either component can cause them to go out of true.

They look good mate!
  3. Chrispysurfer

Chrispysurfer Member

For the first two models ever they look really good!!! My first botched attempts were to embarrassing to even talk about in a post. Keep it up!! I haven't done anything with treads yet so I don't know any tricks to keeping things true. The only piece of advice I can offer is that I have found on the larger boxes, they warp easier in the final product. If you can, use smaller boxes on the insider as braces effectively breaking up the areas where the bigger box can warp. This obviously won't work on models where you have an interior and those are the next on my list unfortunately. Let me know if you figure out a good trick!!
    Chrispysurfer
  4. Fatman2010

Fatman2010 New Member

Some of the instructions like the Dreadnaught include a base, but the Valkyrie doesn't. Anyone have a printable large oval base?
  5. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE

A few Thunderhawk update pics....:twisted:

Attached Files:

6. cerbere

cerbere New Member

It's the best papercraft of thunderhawk I've ever seen. And it's just the beginning :mrgreen:. I can't wait to see rest of this.
  7. Chrispysurfer

Chrispysurfer Member

I can't wait to download that one!!! Painting would be a whole other task in and of itself!!!
  8. ARMORMAN

9. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Thanks for the download Armorman. Waiting for Patoroch to make the rest of the ship. It looks like I have to buy more ink for this project.:wave::wave::wave:
  10. Tirick

Tirick Member

That is sweet awesomesauce mate. Thank you, and Patoroch, although he's not on these boards!
  11. matzieq

matzieq New Member

I am in the process of building Patoroch's dred. It's quite easy to build and looks superb, maybe except some 2d wires here and there :) But then again, thanks to that it's relatively easy to make. I'll post some pictures later. By the way, if anyone needs translation of the texts in the instructions, I know Russian quite well ;)
  12. Greycross

Greycross New Member

Matzieq - Very nice work on the old-school Predator!! Did you find that on this forum? I've got a beat-up old plastic/metal one, but I'd love to make a spiffy new one out of paper . . .besides, I could always slap on some lascannons and make it an Annihilator!

PS - do you know if the turret hatch on the predator is the same as the old-school, low-profile IG turret hatch? I've got a couple of newer Chimera models, but I really don't like the new "clunky" hatch . . .

Thanks!
  13. Lord Red Dragon

Lord Red Dragon E.V.I. ltd CEO

Cool Tank. I am humbled.
  14. Lord Red Dragon

Lord Red Dragon E.V.I. ltd CEO

15. matzieq

matzieq New Member

Thanks! Personally I think it's far from "very nice" but I'm getting there - and glad you like it.
    As for your question: no, I actually found it somewhere else, but the link to this model is present somewhere earlier in this topic.
  16. Greycross

Greycross New Member

I think I found it - Does pg 32 sound about right? Armorman - Thanks for posting all those. This should keep me busy for a while . . .
  17. ARMORMAN

18. silveroxide

silveroxide Well-Known Member

Thank you armorman, I been googling and looking for the rear of the T-Hawk. Now I have to go out and buy me some more ink.

I believe that we should make a separate thread on this baby and post our best version of this monster.:wave::wave::wave:

I wrote too soon.:oops: We have to wait on the wings, landing gear and cannons, but there is enough to get it started and worst case scenario, The hardest parts are done the wings and other stuff should be easy to scratch build.
  19. Tirick

Tirick Member

:D I'm willing to wait 'til he has it all released. I've too many other projects on the go to start this baby right now, even though I'm eager.

Thank you for keeping us appraised of these releases ARMORMAN!
  20. crates

crates New Member

Thanks Armorman good job keeping us upto date with these releases.

I'm hoping that the modular nature of the thunderhawk will allow the swapping out of the hull for the rhino transporter thing, I sort of prefer that version of the t-hawk.

Regardless its another great release.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.