Warhammer 40K Armour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kjev

Kjev Member

Flarebaffled,

I have some Pylons and necron stuff from the Yahoo group if you're interested.

K'Jev

PS: Still trying to get the siege tank for you.
  2. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Right....after much experimentation, I can actually get better pictures from the camera on my phone than my actual camera! Here is the finished test build model:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

Very nice. the textures really give a nice sense of depth throughout.
  4. CrimosnBronxs

CrimosnBronxs Member

FlareBaffled sorry for jumpping in on your post but I think you may like this WIP I am doing
    [​IMG]It is a tau hammerhead
    I can get most of the models that are used in the Dow game:thumb:
  5. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Look nice :thumb:
  6. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

:cool:everything looks sweeeeet.....
  7. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

The next test build is ready to commence. The weapons will be in a seperate PDO, and mount on the core chassis. I did the 'blank' skin first this time, and then 'coloured' it to form the basic scheme.

So far, I have Blood Angels and Ultramarines schemes done, and it is easy to do more. Also included are some small 'stick on' logos for the unit insignia.

[​IMG]

Oh...yeah...nearly forgot.... Started the initial build of the Tank Hunter hull. I still need to do the guns, but they are also a seperate PDO, and will include main gun and a siege gun variant. Pictures of that as soon as I get them done.
  8. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

Ooooo......
  9. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

I'm salivating! Beauty! Can't wait to build this one....
  10. JackFrost

JackFrost Member

balloon6 woooooo i LIKE nice work

and

CrimsonBronx that Hammer is going to be sweet, bet can make it so we can get the rear hatch to be opening
  11. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

TEst build of the dreadnought has gone on better than expected. No changes were needed to the design, and it looks like it builds well straight off the drawing board:

[​IMG]
    The legs and sarcophagus are all in place, and I just need to build the shoulder sections before the hull is complete. Next job is the design work on the weaponry. Assault cannon, heavy bolters and lasers are going to be available, as will the melee arms and an optional missile rack. Overall, I am pleased with the way this has gone together.
  12. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

looks sweet!
  13. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

Looks great! Are those legs posable?
  14. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Sadly..the legs are not posable. The size of the model is far too small to allow for this with any degree of strength. We are talking about a model that is less than 3" tall.

I have put a bend in the main leg struts so they are more natural than the Bile version, and have tried to give the feet a more massive and weighty feel. Building units on this scale brings limitations, and the thought of trying to make the legs pose is scary! You would need to move the ankle, knee AND hip joints to pose the leg.

Maybe, when I have finished making all the small scale things, I might have a go at making a larger scale model of this as well as the troops. Make it teice the size, that would work!
  15. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

My bad...they looked more natural than the Bile model so I wondered if they were posable. Half my comment was in disbelief given, as you mentioned, the overal size of the model.
  16. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

One of the issues I had with the Bile model was the feet and legs. The legs were dead straight, and this made it look a bit odd in terms of stance. Also, the pelvis area was a bit wobbly anf flimsy. I had to coat it with PVA to stiffen it up to stop the model flexing. I have addressed this in my version, and made the joining area a bit more solid.

Weapons are nearly modelled and textured, so I can start work on the unfolding of those. I want to have at least 4 various arms to fit.... but I might go mad and do more!

More pictures will follow shortly.
  17. Kjev

Kjev Member

Awesome work! I actually have a metal Dread (heavier than crap!) I use it as a colossus-class 'mech in Classic Battletech. Wish this had been around then!

K'Jev
    8)
  18. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Shoulders are done ( PDO needed some minor alterations to make the build smoother ) and work is underway on the weapons.

I have the meshes done, and just need to finish texturing the bits before I test build those bits.
  19. knightstalker527

knightstalker527 Member

FB: Looks great and cannot wait to see whats you have up your sleeve! Thanks for filling a much needed nich!:thumb:

Jerry
  20. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Unfolded the weapon set for the Dreadnought. Need to do the testbuild this weekend, and then I can post a picture of the finished machine. The guns have some fiddly parts, but it is worth it for the detail. I will now soon if this is too fiddly, and if I will have to simplify it.

Will know soon!

Also, while I am at it... I should soon have some pics of hte Tank Hunter. Still need to do the main guns ... but it is coming along nicely.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.