Warhammer 40K Armour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by FlareBaffled, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Sure :) I will drop you a pm with the e-mail address. If someone has already got a good one done, I can focus my efforts on getting all the other things I want to get done...and even have time to send people the stuff I promised them months ago :oops:
  2. the_spartan_fury

the_spartan_fury Shadow Striker

here is the link to that group i'm part of. the admin, trintlord, has made the armour so far - warning, space marine only! (three helmets, bolter, and chest on the way)
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/Legions_of_40K/ index/
    just copy it into the address box and you're away!
  3. AoM

AoM New Member

Sorry about that Flare. :oops:
  4. Ikkaan

Ikkaan New Member

FlareBaffled, just found out about your paper models....really fine work!

Too bad its not accessible by warhammer roleplayers (dark heresy). I had no idea such models exist and were already settling for proxy paper models...you really need to make it more public. A post in the fantasy flight games forum for dark heresy for example ?

I´ll definitely build the valkyrie and the chimera (don´t know if i build any tanks, they have limited value in a roleplaying game) when i finish my current project (nemesis warhawk).

As proposed by someone before me: models of lesser used vehicles would go well....like the arvus lander (common as muck small spacecraft) or an aquila lander. Or a Space Marine bike?
  5. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Plenty more planned. Been having a bit of a break from paper modelling as I get over 'Christmas' but there are plenty more projects planned. Flyers are on the list, as are some more heavy armour and a Warlord....of which I have only done the foot so far!
  6. Kjev

Kjev Member

Arvus

Flarebaffled,

Not sure if it helps, but I have found a really well-done sketchup model of the arvus. Apparently (according to Michael Haggard, anyway) there are sketchup rubyscripts you can run to convert it to a paper model.

Haven't really tried it, though. But I have the Arvus and some other items too, when you get around to it.

Me, I still am up for the Warlord. Unfortunately, I lost all the pics of the foot I had, and the bigger, 2-year old titan (Tornado Child Class) got a hold of it.

I'll try again.
  7. Kjev

Kjev Member

Arvus

Flarebaffled,

Not sure if it helps, but I have found a really well-done sketchup model of the arvus. Apparently (according to Michael Haggard, anyway) there are sketchup rubyscripts you can run to convert it to a paper model.

Haven't really tried it, though. But I have the Arvus and some other items too, when you get around to it.

Me, I still am up for the Warlord. Unfortunately, I lost all the pics of the foot I had, and the bigger, 2-year old titan (Tornado Child Class) got a hold of it.

I'll try again.
  8. the_spartan_fury

flare, i'm a member of a group (i may have said this before), someone there is building two warlords in sketchup, one of which hd. if you want, i can get you some shots of it to help. his one does look very good.
  9. think-floyd

think-floyd Member

Ikkaan, Good to hear someone asking for more fliers, I would love a marauder myself.

While I would agree that the models aren't well known, I would say lets keep it that way. Games-Workshop are known as one of the most arrogant and totalitarian followers of Intellectual Property cases, and as hundreds of people have found out, they set the lawyers on anyone who looks like remotely damaging their sales. If you look at any big warhammer forum, you'll find rules saying no "templates" can be provided or asked for. While there's a huge difference between a paper model in our sense of the word, and simple "templates" that I've seen on some forums, I have no doubt they'd try to put a cease and desist order on anyone providing paper models, free or not.

I don't know if they are aware of our hobby/community and these models, but my view would be "hopefully not, and long may it stay that way".

That's my two cents. (euro cent of course :p)
  10. Ikkaan

Ikkaan New Member

You´re right when you´re right...i will refrain from doing anything stupid.

EDIT:

This chap here (http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=128048) has made a DOW Model for the arvus lighter (search for imperial navy arvus and click on the spoiler button)
  11. Grindar

Grindar Member

Well guys, after a short break from modelling (i had to mourn the loss of the dreadnought i already finished...), I'm trying that baneblade again. I've started with the turret...

Unfortunately, the model's in greyscale. I've got to get a decent color printer one of these days...
  12. the_spartan_fury

i like the look of the fliers, but as i collect space marines, the only one i can see even as slightly useful is a thunderhawk gunship for assault marine deployment (hint: i use the raven guard - heavy on assault and scouts!) i have some templates, but can't make heads or tails out of it. it looks like i have two different sections for the sides with one as different parts! and i can't find the parts for (or want to waste money on) the weapons, ie heavy bolters nr the front. can someone supply me with a good quality 3d model?
  13. Kjev

Kjev Member

I had the same issue at one point in life. I learned that you can print the model, then color it with felt-tip markers. The detail will generally still show through, and you can color it any way you like. It does give you the option of creating your own color scheme.
  14. Kjev

Kjev Member

WOW! I'm a DoW Player, and I SERIOUSLY want that mod. His models look awesome! And I know the models can be pulled from DoW and worked over to be come paper models. I know it's possible, I just don't know how to do it myself.wall1
  15. Ikkaan

Ikkaan New Member

Maybe FlareBaffled would care to write a tutorial with screenshots so we get behind the magic ? If i had an idea what work it included i would possibly try it myself.
  16. Shas El

Shas El New Member

:mrgreen: hey i was brosing the net when i found this and i was awe struck :thumb::thumb::thumb::cool:

can i ask wht program u made these designs in coz my XP wont open them?

is the any chance of u making an Sisters of Battle variants or how bout some drop pods they always fun?

ty sign1
  17. Kjev

Kjev Member

I'm not sure how to do it either. I'm sure the destructions are on the internet somewhere.

"Santos Tools" is software I've read mentioned a time or two, but other than that, I'm a clueless wonder.
  18. Ikkaan

Ikkaan New Member

Ok...Santos Tool makes it possible to import dow-models into 3dsmax...which is kind of a no-go to me :-(
  19. ARMORMAN

ARMORMAN Guest

As long as you have a prog (like PK) that reads 3DS files, you're OK.
  20. the_spartan_fury

pk? what, pepakura?

i'll have a word with my cuz - he can actually play dow on his computer!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.