Warhammer 40 000 Space Marine Dreadnought

Hello to all,

I would like to introduce you my first model I have designed by myself (I think I saw one post about this model in "40k armour" thread). Model represents Space Marine Dreadnought from WH 40k.

The model was created according to the original model from Games Workshop. Using the ruler :) and powerful Rhinoceros I have created 3d model and after that I started to unfold it.
Model took me about one year to finalized. It is three-times bigger than original model

You can download the whole model (blank, Blood Angels, Ultramarines "marking") with PowerFist, Flamer and Assault Cannon. I have also created LaserCannon and together with "opposite" weapons (to create for example Furioso Dreadnought) is available for download.

I am still working on other weapon systems (Rocket Launcher, AutoCannons...) and also on some additional badges, purity seals etc (the "skull with wings" symbol and the "scroll" with the name on the sarcofaq is not available yet).

Links:
RapidShare.com - body + powerfist + flamer + assault cannon
RapidShare.com - laser cannon + opposite weapons

So, finally I would like to introduce:

Brother Charon of the Blood Angels Chapter

Hope you like it :) For more pictures (pictures of beta model and also Ultramarine version with LaserCannons) check the czech forum about paper models: PapiroveModelarstvi.cz/Forum

Ing. Spendlik :wave:

silveroxide

I have ventured to that Czech site in the past and downloaded the build sequence. It was amazing to follow the build process. I enjoyed it with immense pleasure. Welcome to our forum.

JackFrost

Beautiful work , and It`s even in my color's already :mrgreen: And yep watched this on the development thread and was amazed too , much work and effort in this old bean and it`s appreciated
Thank You!!

many thanks for this model too!! it has been keeping me busy for the past month....very nice and easyish. here are the photos of my try :thumb:

pic0371.jpg
[/IMG]

models015.jpg
[/IMG]

models011.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks all for your comments and another thank to cgutzmer for his help.

greenelf: this is the first dread which is repainted. What kind of colors did you use?

Grindar

This is awesome...I'm looking over the instructions now, debating whether or not to attempt it.

What are you guys using for the hoses, in particular stuff that would be easy to get in the US?

I went to the games workshop, told him what I was going to build and that it would be made of card and he just laughed at me!!!! who's laughing now though!!! anyway the blue I used is called citadel blue and once again thankyou what a great build it was :wave7:

oh by the way I just used bendy straws (just the bendy bit!):thumb:

Stev0

Yeah ... the Games Workshop guys said that card models would not cut it against the real thing.

Muahahahahahahahaha....

ps. Great model design and build guys. :thumb: Any hints on what you will be designing next Spendlik??? Teasers???

So you want a teaser?
Ok, I think this image should work like a teaser...

Warhammer fans may recognize the shape of this beautiful model, designed by GW. It is still WIP 3D model, but the rear part is nearly completed, only few things are left. But the whole front part is missing and also lot of details...
And there should be someone who will ride this beast...

What do you think? Is it okay for a teaser? :)

think-floyd

Master of the ravenwing! :O

That's a fantastic start to a pretty complicated model. I think that has just inspired me to get out my files and prepare the unbuilt one I have :)

md10bldr

Awesome model!

I do have on question. Your comment above:

the "skull with wings" symbol and the "scroll" with the name on the sarcofaq is not available yet

Any idea when those two pieces might be available?

Thanks for sharing.
PG

I have no problem to post it right now...
But my plan was to upload it with other things like purity seals, veteran badges, symbol of adeptus mechanicus, maybe some skulls in different scales...all things, which can be used to personalize your dread.

But if you want it, I can upload only this "sarcophagus symbols", when I come back from work.

There is only one small problem. Everyone wants to name his dread different. So I am not sure if the upper part of the scroll (with the name on it) will be ok in pdf together with the other parts. In .jpg or in .bmp it would easier to edit. What do you think? Jpg, bmp, pdf?

md10bldr

Ing -

I think I misread your post:

I am still working on other weapon systems (Rocket Launcher, AutoCannons...) and also on some additional badges, purity seals etc (the "skull with wings" symbol and the "scroll" with the name on the sarcofaq is not available yet).

Since you had already posted some other weapons, I completely missed the point that you were referring to MORE weapons, and MORE badges, and that the skull & scroll was part of that package. I'm more than happy to wait for the complete package - I had just thought that they were the only missing pieces.

As far as format, .JPG, .bmp & .pdf all work for me.

Thanks!

Paul Garcia

the_spartan_fury

Shadow Striker
wow. just wow. i got the parts, but i don't have the resources to build this (ie thick paper) and now i see the master of the ravenwing's jetbike? i may try to get myself together and build the dreadnought!

Kjev

Greenelf, that is incredible! Beautiful work! And a whole year! I used to complain about taking a month.

kevo

outstanding work ! I love the dreadnought on the forge world web site. but think your model would look much better in my cabinet. thank you.