wanting challenging models

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by steitler212, Dec 23, 2007.

1. steitler212

steitler212 WW2 Airplane Guru

I am current looking for any GPM WW2 plane models that anyone would be willing to email me because i have built many of Fiddlersgreen models and is wanting a challenge can anyone help my email is ksteitler@bellsouth.net:mrgreen:
  2. dansls1

dansls1 Member

What you are asking for (copies of GPM kits which are commercially available) is against copyright and forum rules.
    I will lead you here though. There is a very nice, detailed and free, Yokosuka D4Y2 Suisei 'Judy' for download near the bottom of the page.
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yes indeed, we can help you find a challenging gpm of course but you will need to buy it. The judy suggested is a good one for free.
    Chris
  4. steitler212

oh i had no idea im very sorry im just new at this and getting used to it but yes i still need any FREE WW2 aircraft models
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Can you give us some ideas in particular for what you may be looking for? US/Japanese/German etc..... particular types of planes - yaks/spits/bf's/zeros etc :)
    Chris
  6. steitler212

certanly such as Bf-109, Bf-110, P-61 Black Widow, Mustang, any thing german thanks for all of your help:thumb:
  7. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Well, surprisingly there's no such detailed "free" model of even the 109 on the internet... as far as I know. Any help?
  8. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Unfortunately there are very few really detailed WW2 models for free download. The only other one I can lead you to is an I-16 here.
    That site also has some pre-WW2 planes for download.

In addition, there is a nice detailed Gee Bee R1 from GreMir Models.

Other than that, to get detailed kits you need to start paying. There is a decent selection of downloadable purchased WW2 planes at Gremir models (link above). In addition, the models from cardmodel and Skyline Paper Models are nicely detailed downloadable kits.
    From there, it really seems you need to get into pre-printed kits to expand the selection of detailed WW2 planes.