Want to Start a 3-rail modular club in Twin Cities

martyv

Jan 4, 2001
Hastings, Mn. 55033
Visit site
Well I thought I'd give this a try. I've been railroading for about 4 years. I am building (you know your never finished) my layout in the lower level of my home and think I have made decent progress, trains run we have hours of enjoyment. However, it would be nice to see my trains run on a large layout and enjoy the friendship of other railroaders. A year or so ago I tried hooking up with a guy that wanted to start a 3 rail modular club but his wife was having a child and I think the new fatherhood thing just simply took too much of his time. I can't see to reach him anymore.
So, I decided I'd start somewhere: Anyone in the Twin Cities ( Minneapolis and St. Paul, Mn.) area or Western Wisconsin that is interested in starting a 3 rail modular club get in contact with me. My email is: marty@martinjoseph.net (business email) or you can use my email that is on The Gauge. I have got a 24'x36' insulated heated garage that has all the necessary equipment to build modules. Being in the construction business there isn't anything I can't build. But I might need some help with the scenery and modeling part. I've got a place just seeing if I can find some people.

So, if your interested get in touch with me or if you know people that would be interested have them contact me.

Thanks in advance for your support

Marty V.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Marty,

Good luck with your venture! Sounds like you have a good beginning. Try rounding up new members at local hobby shops, or present your modular idea as a project for an exisiting group... The oldest and biggest local club (www.ovar.ca) is used by many other local clubs as a bit of an informal monthly meeting.

Andrew