Wanna help with an 4'x8' layout?

jhoban

Jun 18, 2005
I have recently got back into the hobby, but went N scale this time. I have done a simple layout that I like, but want to see if any of you out there that like to help with layout ideas can come up with something better. You can view a pic of mine here....

http://www.the-gauge.com/thread15154-ok-i-did-it-as-well.html

I have a bunch of 5" straight and 9 3/4" curves to use, plus 2 90 degree crossings. I want to keep it level, no inclines. I also dont want any switches...well, maybe 2. The point of this layout is to have the 2 tracks cross at some point. It works well now, but would like to open it up some more, so I have more room for scenery.

The space is 4'x8', with an opening on one side measuring 18"x30"
______
| __ |
|_| |_|

Kinda like that. Wow, that is really bad, just go look at the other topic real quick.

I appreciate anyone that takes the time to do this. It isnt really necessary, but this was the only thing I could come up with having 2 tracks cross.

Again, what I am hoping for is something a little more open.

jhoban

Jun 18, 2005
forgot to add. if you want to add larger radius turns, I wouldn't mind going out and buying those.

jhoban

Jun 18, 2005
Sounds good. Take your time, I wanted to get started this weekend, but got stuck at work all weekend. Got to go back here pretty soon. So I will be tinkering around all week, and hopefully get started this coming weekend.

jhoban

Jun 18, 2005
You know, the more I think about it, the more I want a small train yard in the layout. I know, it completely goes against what I said originally. Reason being I started out with a bad engine, and was afraid any more complexity would just cause problems. I returned that one and got a replacement. Heck, I was afraid of a simple turn with the old engine.

Sooo, feel free to cyber slap me, I deserve it. However, if anyone is playing around with this idea, feel free to use simple atlas turnouts and make me a trainyard. I will be doing the same as soon as I get out of work.