Walthers Trainline

rockislandmike

Hey guyz, any opinions on Walthers Trainline products. They've got a couple of GP15-1's in Missouri Pacific colors that I'm contemplating (yes, yes, it's true, I do have other locos besides Rock Island).

alkcnw

Hey Mike, I don't know to much about the Trainline engines but the cars are basicly Walthers kits preassembled!!:eek:

C

Catt

Have had several before switching to N and On30. IMHO they are a big bang for a small buck.Little cluncky on some of the detail but the ones I had were great runners.

IMRL393

Mike -

I've got a Walthers Trainline AMTRAK F40PH. It is a good runner, but the detail is not up to Atlas Master/P2K/Kato standards. I like it, though.

I have heard that the quality of the Trainline series varies greatly. Hopefully you can find someone that has the GP15-1 model and get a direct quality check!

Good luck!

- George

Gary Pfeil

The only Trainline locos I own are an ABA set of FA's. Like George and Catt have said, they run well but don't have detail. I later bought ABA FA2's from LL2000, and more recently, FA1"s from LL as well. The LifeLike units are gorgeous, but I'm not thrilled with their running.

Gary

kf4jqd

I have an A and B unites from Train. They seem to run will, but I think they could be more detailed.

Yes folks, they are Rock Island!

Andy

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
GP15-1

Mike,
I have one of the trainline GP15-1s, runs quite well, and, after comparing it with the kitbash I did several years ago, the detail is pretty good too. I have the C&NW version, with all the louvers!
Pete

brakie

Mike,I have 3 of the GP15s,I can happly report these are very smooth runners and good pullers. IMHO they can rightfully take their place amoung the best made.

rockislandmike

Greetings. The first of my two Missouri Pacific GP15-1's arrived from Walthers on Friday. I added road number decals this afternoon, and here it is.

For anyone that's curious, not only is this a very fine looking engine, but it performs very nicely as well, and with relatively little noise for this class of locomotive.

Attachments

• mp1611.jpg
    mp1611.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 87