Walthers Cornerstone 3-in-1 set - pictures?

olamat

Hello!
I am new at this forum, and find some great information and work displayed here!
For the moment I am planning for a "light" kitbashing using the three sets of Walthers 933-3750 3-in-1 Building Set #1 (HO) that I recently aquired at a reasonable price.
Could you please show me some pictures on how you have used these kits?

I feel I need some input for ideas...

Regards, Olav in Norway

olamat

Hello and thanks!
Yes I have seen those pictures. The same as on the boxes. I was looking for some more ideas, but it seems to me that most have gone the DPM-way...
Anyway, thanks for your reply!

Russ Bellinis

Are you modeling a specific prototype or freelancing?

Here are a few links to pictures of George Selios' Franklin & South Manhester Railroad. I understand from reading the previous posts that this kit is for building brick buildings. You might find something on George's layout to inspire you. Also check out the pics of Dr Wayne's railroad. He has use a few brick structures on his railroad.

The Franklin and South Manchester Railroad Photo Tour

Franklin & South Manchester layout tour :: Fotopic.Net

Model Railroad Forums • View topic - Franklin & South Manchester - George Sellios

Russ Bellinis

What part or the U.S. is your freelanced shortline located in. The L&N would have run in the Southeast. The Franklin & South Manchester is set in New England. The countryside in the area around the L&N is more rolling hills than rocks like New England. There aren't as many big cities with attendant "smoke stack" industries. Someone from L&N country will need to chime in here to help you with more details than I can, but I would guess that the tallest brick buildings that would be typical of cities in L&N country would probably be about 5 stories or less.

Biased turkey

Olav,
That's what I did with a 3 in 1 building set. I don't know if you have the same building kit as I have because mine is N scale.
Anyway, I hope it might give you some idea: I have to kitbash the 3 in 1 building to make a low relief brewery for my N scale switching layout.
It was fun to make that building with a covered loading-unloading dock.

Jacques

Switch1.jpg

olamat

Jacques!
I am in HO scale - but here scale do not matter - your nice rebuild is attractive and gives me ideas out what could be done! Just the kind of ideas I was hoping for!
I find some ideas useful i HO when looking to N-scale, even sometimes when I look at the 1:1 scale ;-)
Olav in Norway

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Olav in Norway, Welcome to The Gauge! As your already finding out, there are bunches of fine folk here that can answer any and every question you may come up with. C-ya 'round!