Walters

upguy

Oregon Western Lines, CEO
Jan 26, 2001
Canyon City, Oregon, USA
http
You are probably referring to Walthers. Yes, they do have a website.

As for their rolling stock, it is okay; but a bit overpriced for what you get (my opinion). I have used their bay window cabooses, but I did some modifications to make them more appealing to me. I have posted pictures of some of them in a thread on The Gauge, I think.

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Xaniel, I'm assuming you mean Walthers with an "h". And yes, they have one of the biggest websites in the industry, at www.walthers.com. Their website does include, however, *everybody's* offerings, as they also offer an extraordinary mail service (I use them from Canada quite frequently - just sent in an order this morn as a matter of fact).

Their rolling stock is, in my opinion, slightly better than average in terms of looks and detail, as are their prices. So you get what you pay for.

Their locos I don't know as I don't have one yet, although I've got my eye on an undec Trainline F40PH.

Originally posted by rockislandmike

Their locos I don't know as I don't have one yet, although I've got my eye on an undec Trainline F40PH.

Actually, RIMike's a cross-poster from the HO side of life. (Or was that a cross-contaminant? I can never remember :p ) Walthers doesn't make any N-scale locomotives. They do make HO locos (or rather have their name stamped on them). The Walthers' rolling stock is what I would consider average. Atlas, Microtrains, Kato, Intermountain, and maybe Deluxe make better stuff.

If you look at the Walthers website, you'll notice that they sell everything at MSRP. Much better prices can be found elsewhere. However, when an item sells out, Walthers is usually the last company to have them in stock. They also make a catalog (several actually, in different scales) that is a very good reference guide.

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
PS - evil HO-er again.

Walthers also publishes a monthly sales flyer and sends it to customers (usually toss it in with orders too). If you look through the sales flyer they have pretty good prices on stuff. Otherwise, yeh, BDC is right.

PPS - just noticed I've been making more posts to N/Z than I should; I apologize, and shall attempt to refrain from doing so in the future.

C

Catt

Geez Mike,why don't you just just with the rest of us "NICE" guys and go Nscaleing.:D :D :D